Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like the mount we were discussing previously in the original pics of the MKIII. I just received some back ordered parts and there it was:

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,441 Posts
Since Factory Five is dragging their feet about getting information up on the Mk III, could you post a few pictures of your frame. It would be very interesting to see what changes actually made it in.

Kevin

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sergio, yup it bolts onto 4 points on the frame...pretty cool

Kevin,

As far as I know all the things we heard about are in my MKIII.

Notable items are:

Adjustable tranny mount.

More space in back (frame & body) for 315 tires.

Redesigned pedal box area and steering shaft setup (came with upper & lower flaming river type u-joints which eliminate rag joint).

Redesigned suspension allowing for the use of 87-current Mustang suspension parts.

Removable rear spring perches. (did MKII come with that?)

Couple other things I can't remember right now...

You can see some of my frame pics in these threads below. If there is anything special you'd like to see just let me know and I will put up a pic.

http://www.ffcars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=037338

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=037304#000000

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,441 Posts
Thanks,

A lot of info just in those pics. If you have any of the X bracing under the doors and how that ties into the rear, that would be great. If not, don't worry about it. FFR will get the info up eventually. (In another thread someone said they still have 40 or so Mk IIs unsold. That may be causing them to try to slow the MK III down until they move all the MK IIs).

I wonder if those "Tow Hooks" or whatever they really are, are going to make it impossible to use the VPM front sway bar. I was kind of counting on the sway bars.

Thanks Again,

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts