Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this came in my backorder box, wrapped in bubblewrap but with no label. What's the mystery bracket?! We're hoping it has something to do with transmission mounts...

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
A/C eliminator Bracket...
(in Case that you want to delete the A/C from your engine)
it works together with a pulley that comes in a blue box.

If you wish to delete the AC compressor and all of the system, call Max at Five Star Ford and get the AC delete kit from him, it's like 40.00, works and looks way better than the FFR piece:

;)

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Thanks sergio. We knew there had to be soemthing to put that pulley on but I didn't see it.

John: you should paint it silver before you install.
\

*EDIT* um, did it come with like 1/2" bolts? If not, take th long 8" bolts that the AC pump used and make your obligatory run to OSH and find the right one; about 1/2" long should do it.

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No bolts were included. We had the part; it would have been nice if it were labeled so we could have done that installation before dropping the motor in. I'll be working in the bay on this one, I guess!

Debating whether to paint it silver or black. Got both out at the shop, but will coat it before I put it in. Somewhat tempted to look into AC delete system that Sergio mentioned, but not sure what the differences are beyond getting the compressor off the block.

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
don't stress... it's only necessary to loosen the belt tensioner, remove 3 bolts, disconnect the wire plug and the AC compressor is out.
The part from Ford comes with the correct size bolts, pulley and bracket all assembled ready to install, part # M-19216-D46
Call Max Phone: (480) 946-3900 ext.236 "Ask for Max" at Five Star Ford (a Vendor here)., tell him Sergio sent you and he'll give you a discount!

Later !

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
FFCobra Fanatic
905 Posts
Agree w/Sergio, I have the same eliminator. The only thing I keep thinking I *might* have been able to do better, is re-route the belt completely so I didn't even need the eliminator. It didn't even occur to me at the time, but its one of those little projects for a rainy Sat. in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.