Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if FFR has made any arrangements for a good mounting point for the anti-submarine belt in the MKIII? It looks like they've gone to a real five-point system, given the number of holes (2 per seat) cut in the rear aluminum. I just don't know if there's a place on the frame under the seat to attach that very-important fifth belt.

Anyone? There's no way I'm fabricating or welding for this, so let's see someone else with my skill levels that figured out how to mount the belt. Otherwise, guess I have to find budget for the Simpson 6-point setup. Seat belts saved my life once in a nasty wreck, so I want them, and I want them installed right!

This thread is relevant, but didn't really come up with any answers other than "get out your welder":

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=037649#000000

Cheers, John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
Unless the frome has changed from teh II to the III, there should be a web under the middle of the seat where the two 3/4" square tube meets. I bolted mine to that with a couple of big washers to spread the load. Should be as strong as the other mounts.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
Unless the frame has changed from the II to the III, there should be a web under the middle of the seat where the two 3/4" square tubes meet. I bolted mine to that with a couple of big washers to spread the load. Should be as strong as the other mounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.