Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems all my ProShocks that came with the kit are leaking oil with 5k miles on the car. Just put on new set of Billboards and wondering what you guys are running for the following

Ride Height ?????

Front shock model

Front Spring Rate

Rear Shock model

Rear Spring Rate

Noticed the thread on the KONI recall.....FF sells a KonI shock spring kit I believe comes with 750lb springs all around. That seems very high to me and assume that there would be a difference in rate front to rear?nMy car has a 351 with an IRS set up. I primarily use the car for enjoyment and street driving. Looking for suggestions on a combo that someone has found to be a good handling package, preferably after using the proshocks so you have experience improving the ride, comfort & handling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bob
508 958 6714

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,345 Posts
answers inserted.

MKII with standard width front, SN95 front spindles, 3-link out back

So it seems all my ProShocks that came with the kit are leaking oil with 5k miles on the car. Just put on new set of Billboards and wondering what you guys are running for the following

Ride Height ????? - 4" front, 4.5" rear

Front shock model - QA-1 DA

Front Spring Rate - 500

Rear Shock model - QA-1 DA

Rear Spring Rate - 300

Noticed the thread on the KONI recall.....FF sells a KonI shock spring kit I believe comes with 750lb springs all around. That seems very high to me and assume that there would be a difference in rate front to rear?nMy car has a 351 with an IRS set up. I primarily use the car for enjoyment and street driving. Looking for suggestions on a combo that someone has found to be a good handling package, preferably after using the proshocks so you have experience improving the ride, comfort & handling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bob
508 958 6714

·
Junior Charter Member
212 Posts

Ride Height ?????

Front shock model

Front Spring Rate

Rear Shock model

Rear Spring Rate

Thanks Bob
508 958 6714
4.5"
Bilstein
450#
Bilstein
600#

·
Senior Charter Member
1,230 Posts
Ride height: 4.5"
Front shock: Gordon Levy Koni (SA)
Front Spring: 500lbs
Rear Shock: Gordon Levy Koni (SA)
Rear Spring: 550lbs

I am using spindles from a 2001 mustang (SN99).

I would not be worried about the 750lbs springs.

I have never been happy with the handling. I am looking into using the MkIV spindles to improve geometry, and possibly converting to power steering to be able to run a more aggressive alignment (yeah it will wear tires faster, but I drive the car so little that the tires will age out before I wear them out).

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,345 Posts
Student - Are you IRS or solid axle? If solid, soften the rear springs.

·
6,326 Posts
Naake Suspension will rebuild your Pro Shocks for a fraction of the cost of buying new. Plus they can adjust the bounce and rebound if you want. Nice people. Since you have Pro Shocks they came with 450 Lb springs front and rear for IRS. I also have a rear anti sway bar and 500 lb rear springs. If you go that route I would suggest getting 550 Lb springs for the rear. FFR went to 750 lb rear springs because they have a thing about anti sway bars but it makes the car ride like a buckboard. Ride height is 4" front and 4 ½ rear. FWIW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts