Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a MKII that was never started that I bought used and getting ready to start drilling aluminum panels. The driver side foot box seems large enough on the MKII but I am thinking about ordering a passenger side kit for the added space for the few times I have the wife in the car and my 16 year old son. Is the extra $200 for the kit worth the added room for the passenger foot box? Thanks Alan

·
Senior Charter Member
3,595 Posts
Alan, at the stage you are in, I wanted a bigger trunk and like you, I wanted more space in the Passenter box.

I used Cobra Earl's kits for both of those modifications. Priced right. VERY easy to install.

When Kay drives the car, my time in the Passenger seat is enjoyable with the mod. I've been in cars with small foot boxes and after 15 minutes, I'm ready to scream.

Yell if you have questions.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mariah, Do you have any pictures of the Cobra Earl's box in your cobra? I went to his web site and he does not have much to see on the passenger box. Thanks Alan

·
6,305 Posts
Originally posted by Michigan Alan:
Is the extra $200 for the kit worth the added room for the passenger foot box? Thanks Alan
It's worth the money. Also, the FFMetal footbox works with all exhaust types.
Frank

·
New
203 Posts
I'd really like to add a passanger side footbox to my car and was told it does not work with a 351. Are there options?

-Travis

·
Registered
259 Posts
Has anyone installed either the Cobra Earl or Whitby passenger foot boxes with the body on? Corba Earl says it can be done with some difficulty. Before I order, I'd like some idea of how hard it is with the body on.

- Steve

·
New
203 Posts
I saw Whitby's foot box and it appears to lengthen the box not widen the box area. I also saw one that Cobra Earl offers that does widen the footbox area but does not work with a 351.

Does the Witby box provide any more room to the side or only deepen the box?

Thanks,
-Travis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts