Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, forgive me for asking if this has been covered. I didn’t see anything on if a mk4 trunk lid will fit on a early mk1 cobra roadster. Mine is particular is a 99
ffr 1775k. I’m going to be using the old still external hinges and locking handle, so I’m assuming ill have to drill my own holes. I was just curious if anyone has done this and will the overall shape fit on my older body.

·
Not a waxer
12,092 Posts
It will fit the opening however the underside of the lid is shaped and configured for the internal hinges so if you intend to use the external ones it will require some cutting and fiberglass work. Also be aware that the with early (pre June 2019) Mk4 lids will require that you cut the license plate or modify the lamp for the plate to fit between it and the handle. Lids produced after this date were reshaped to move the plate lamp upward.

Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d figured as much, I do intend on keeping the external hinges so I don’t have to fix and repaint the area. Yeah I saw a lot of people that did the mod with the plate to correct the issue. I appreciate the info.

·
Junior Charter Member
337 Posts
I’d figured as much, I do intend on keeping the external hinges so I don’t have to fix and repaint the area. Yeah I saw a lot of people that did the mod with the plate to correct the issue. I appreciate the info.
If you are just looking for a trunk lid (vs the mk4 shape specifically) I have a mk 3 lid I don't need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I’m currently looking for a mk4 post 2019 trunk lid, specifically for the reshape. In the process of lowering the rear of my mk1 and the originally trunk shape always bothered me. Waiting to here back from ffr to see if they have any in stock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts