Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working my way through assembly of my Mk4 RHD Roadster (Terminator)and need to order a low profile oil pan and parts from Moroso. Could some body please confirm for me that I have the right oil pan and that I will need following parts.

I believe I need : Moroso PN # 20549 oil pan for Cobra Replica's
plus # MOR - 93164 oil pan gasket

Do I need : Moroso PN # 22933 Windage Tray ( is there one fitted at Factory that can be used with the above ?)
Moroso PN # 24548 Oil Pump Pickup (does the original need replacing?)

I understand the dip stick can be re used with the above.

Your Guidance would be much appreciated as freight costs to fix wrong parts can be more than the parts.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I used a Canton oil pan when installing a 2004 Mach 1 4-cam into my MK4. I bought the pan through North Race cars and they have sold a lot of oil pans for the 4.6L modulars. No experience here with the Terminator motor, but there are some owner/builders here. I would suggest search on the key word terminator, and then sending a PM to the builders and ask what they used.

Alan

·
Master of my Build
2,033 Posts
Hi, I have a terminator motor in my build and used the same pan from North Race Cars. They are great and know their stuff. I took off the factory windage tray and put on an aftermarket one that is much larger. If i remember correctly I notched the pan for the oil dip stick and took extra care with the pickup clearance. I used the kids playdoh and mounted the pan to confirm clearance. Also a good time to check the dip stick to see where the full mark will be especially if using an aftermarket dipstick. I'm sure its different now but back then I took the pan apart and there was some rust in it behind the baffles, good idea to check and clean it up if needed. The pan worked great and is even to slightly above the frame rails. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts