Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the MK 4 two-piece spindles, but they didn't come with any instructions and my manual (for the base kit) is no help. I've been able to determine (I think) that the PSS and DSS markings mean the opposite of what one might think (PSS one goes on the drivers side and vice versa) but I don't know which way the steering arm goes. I also don't know the torque specs for the steering arm bolts. Anyone willing to help? I hav spent the last hour trying to search the forum, but can't seem to find the answer. I'm learning that the search function here is a bit quirky...

Thanks.

Tim

·
Junior Charter Member
425 Posts
I can't help you with the spindle question, but I can help you with future searches. Use Google.

Type this in the google search field: site:ffcars.com tags

tags is what ever search terms you want. It works a lot better than the site search function.

JC

·
Registered
898 Posts
The arms angle outwards when mounted on the spindle. They are side specific though. The bolt hole is tapered. Make sure the taper it upward as the tie rod comes up from underneath. On mine, I had the castle nut/cotter pin setup and the torque was 25 lbs.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have the ff complete kit manual in PDF on my computer. Maybe call and get them to send it to you. If not send me private message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts