Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

i searched but couldnt find the answer. I have a MK 3.1 complete kit with 3 link solid rear end purchased in 2008. What year / model mustang rear brakes were provided with the kit? I need to replace the rear caliper bracket and guide pins. I want to make sure I order the correct parts.

Thanks in advance!
Jared

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had to replace the front brake calipers, sourced from Summit - PN's PWR-L4723 and PWR-L4722.

Looking up those parts, I see they are for a Ford Mustang 1999 to 2002 - both V6 and V8 models.

These were "plug and play" on my MK3.1 ... suggest you look for rear brake calipers across those years.

To be absolute certain ... I'd call Factory Five if in doubt.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I also sent an email to the Factory Five tech email address.

The fronts are early 2000s mustang gt. I was able to cross reference the rotor size. Looks like the rear are 94 to 98 mustang gt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have a FFR Mark 3.1 and here's what another member sent me.
"Fronts are 1999-2004 Mustang
Rears are 1994-1996 Mustang
The fronts are PBR 2 Piston calipers from 1999-2004 base and GT Mustangs but here's the catch, the rotors are the same as the 1994-1998 Mustang GT. What's more is that in 2003 they changed the caliper banjo bolts to coarse thread vs the 2002 and before which are fine thread.
The rear brakes look like standard 1994-1996 base and GT model brake calipers and rotors."

Just to be sure I decided to replace all rotors, calipers, and pads and start fresh.

·
Mark 3.1 (Sold)
894 Posts
Jared
I have a complete re brake set you can have. Come get them. Doug Davis 860 604 7260 Windsor

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jared
I have a complete re brake set you can have. Come get them. Doug Davis 860 604 7260 Windsor
Thanks! It looks like I am all set. I was able to fix it with out needing to replacing the brake caliper bracket. One of the slide pins was stuck and I assumed it was due to a seized pin. It was actually the rubber sleeve inside. I removed the caliper and gently used a bench vise and a little muscle to free it up.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I too have a FFR Mark 3.1 and here's what another member sent me.
"Fronts are 1999-2004 Mustang
Rears are 1994-1996 Mustang
The fronts are PBR 2 Piston calipers from 1999-2004 base and GT Mustangs but here's the catch, the rotors are the same as the 1994-1998 Mustang GT. What's more is that in 2003 they changed the caliper banjo bolts to coarse thread vs the 2002 and before which are fine thread.
The rear brakes look like standard 1994-1996 base and GT model brake calipers and rotors."

Just to be sure I decided to replace all rotors, calipers, and pads and start fresh.
Thanks for the info. Factory Five replied with the same. Its still a bit of a mystery though. The rear rotors measure at 10.5 inch diameter which aligns with the 1994 - 2004 mustang GT. However the bracket for the 1994 - 2004 GT does not appear to be the same as what was included in the kit. It looks like the it is the mustang cobra caliper bracket instead. I found this picture online from a mustang forum to show the difference. Maybe its a mix of the gt rotors with a cobra caliper and bracket. Not sure if that makes sense (or works). I did try the GT bracket from autozone just to see about differences and noted it did not clear the width of the rotor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts