Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the adjustable door latch fitting, just the two pieces of metal welded to the frame. The location of these pieces of metal aren't even close to make the door fit & close properly (they need to be at least a 1/2 lower and the latch need raised to allow the door to pull in far enough). That becomes a problem since to redrill the holes (which I did) to attach latch striker, I miss the two lower holes on the top and bottom of the latch fitting - unbelievable.

I've checked past threads and there are mentions of spacers, didn't get any with the kit. Could someone post a picture so I can see what they look like, please. I need to fabricate something that will solve this mess. I wish I now knew something about welding, I'd cut that metal off and re-weld something better on. Has anyone cut those off and bolted an adustable fitting on?

Thanks for any help, have a safe and happy holiday.

tim

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Had a similar problem with Old 3850. Street Rod Painter fixed it in about 5 minutes.

Basically, a small amount of welding is needed to get a bracket in the right place for the latch.

Sorry about that.

·
Charter Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's something to chuckle about, my #3615 was also painted by SRP. Trouble is, I just sent him the body - little did I know.

tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.