Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some help here guys. I just got back from Troop C for the third time. First they wanted all of my receipts notarized by the vendors. Then when I produced a mail from DoR saying I DIDNT need out of state receipts notarized, they asked for Bills of Sale for Engine and Transmission. Now they are back to requiring notarized Bills of Sale - same guy each time, their acting chief. This is the most frustrating exercise I have ever been through. Mike Forte and T&L engines have been great in working with me but this is getting ridiculous..and I am embarassed to call them back again. It feels like I will never get this car on the road.

·
Builder of FFR#5197
1,404 Posts
I'd just take Mike and T&L's BOS's to a local notary and have them stamp it, just about every business has one so should be easy to find. For that matter Mike and T&L's could probably just get you a new one that's notarized from their shop. I'm sure it's not a first for them.

F Troop just needs a paper trail in case the VIN's pop up stolen.

Keep with the grind and you'll get there.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Steve,
Your really not getting me very excited about my upcoming Troop C inspection! :(
I have been over and over my papers and feel I have all bases covered, as we have talked about our build differences. When I made my appointment the officer on the phone seemed Ok with what I had as I told him it was a donor build with title and bill of sale. I guess that will be the difference. Now I can just go out and buy a crate motor at a later date with no problem!
Hang in there, I know how you feel. Car is built and no where to drive it to. Everytime I walk in the garage it just calls out drive me, drive me ;) It will all come soon.

Skip

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skip - good luck. I ignored the best advice I got - go to Jefferson City F Troop. They know what they are doing. Its not too late to change your mind! If you dont, make sure that any major receipts from the State of Missouri are notarized. After some argument, the second inspector accepted the FFR receipt for the kit without a notarization, but made it sound like he was doing me a favor. I guess the Certificate of Origin got me through that. They did keep saying that my new transmission should have an MSO...anybody else come across that?
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Steve,
I guess once you start at one troop, you can't go elsewhere? Could you go to Jeff City? I'm looking to cut travel as you can't bank on weather, and using a roll back, well it's not protected.

Skip

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skip - so long as you have your 551 and all receipts, you can cancel and go to another HP. That may be my next step. The u-Haul trailer works great and it is no more risk to your paint than driving it - less because it higher and behind a truck. I drove mine back from Chicago !

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
There is another option...move out of Misery, errr I mean Missouri. Things are much better on my side of the state line (Kansas).

·
Junior Charter Member
1,879 Posts
Oh boy! Missouri Department of Rev.
As a former boat dealer of 15+ years I had to deal with them all the time.

I had one gal, though, at the local license office who took pity on me and was very helpful.

Sounds like you've got some petty tyrant determined to save the Show-Me state from it's citizens.

Good luck, and I'll agree with prior posters- find a different office.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts