Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find mirrors for the sides and top of the windshield? Need a supplier that can help me out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Breeze Automotive has ones that mount to the wind wing brackets.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I upgraded to the Breeze mirrors and am super happy with them. They are a bit expensive, buy are quality made and are stable. My other mirrors would shake making them useable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at the website and their mirrors are a little expensive, but larger than the fender mounted ones. I think I'll give them a try. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Norm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I looked at the website and their mirrors are a little expensive, but larger than the fender mounted ones. I think I'll give them a try. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Norm.
The fender mounted ones are too low and basically all you see is your rear tire hump and a little bit of the road beside you. The ones mounted up on the side of the windshield are higher and give you a wide view. I also went with the Dark Water Customs center mirror mount. It mounts on top of the windshield in the track and then you can use the FFR supplied center mirror just turned upside down. It works great as well.

Steve

·
Registered
337 Posts
I agree that I did not like the fender mounted mirrors either. I know that the Breeze mirrors are pricy, BUT they work. I have a couple of sets of cheaper mirrors and they would vibrate to much that they were useless. If you are planning on driving the car on the road, then getting a good set of mirrors is important.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have two Ray Dot mirrors in Brushed Aluminum. New in box. One comes with the windshield mount for the outside of the windshield. I don't know where the other mount went, but Finish line or breeze has them. I am asking $25 each for them

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,745 Posts
I have a set of chrome convex mirrors, off eBay, if you’re interested. i thought these gave good visibility and looked like they fit the style of the car. I ran them for a summer, then moved to the windshield mounted raydots when I had the fender holes filled. I’ll take pics of my actual ones if you’re interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That really has the look I was going for. Did you drill for all the rivets first? Also, how is it to clean. I did a test panel in flat black but when I wiped it down with simple green it left spots with a shine, maybe I'll need to use something else to clean it with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts