Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing deeper into factory fives web site. I see they have 2 different side mirrors to choose from. The street bullet style and the raydot. Which one are people using and why? I guess I should get 2 as well?

Thanks,

Paul

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
If you go with the Raydot you can mount it on the windshiled post...

Paula at cobra accesories stated the bullet will not mount up using their bracket. I believe someone here ont he forum might make a bracket for the FFR one????? :rolleyes:

·
7,097 Posts
I went with the Raydot.

·
1,018 Posts
If you go w/ a side view mirror (many don't) I would strongly recommend mounting it on the windscreen side post. I believe, as well as many others, a mirror mounted to the body side is pretty useless (non functional). I mounted my mirror to the windscreen side post and I'll tell you it works absolutely great. I think from a functional / safety stand point it's the only way to go. I purchased my mirror and bracket from Finish Line.

Doug

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,132 Posts
Raydot,
I think it looks better. I will be mounting mine on the windscreen also.

Jeff E.

·
Registered
158 Posts
1667 was originally built with the bullet mirror mounted on the body shell just behind the wheel well. There was so much vibration in the image that it was useless!

Eventually I made a stainless cover plate and mounted it on a piece of rubber where the bullet mirror was mounted. I put a raydot on a polished aluminum mount (the inside of the windwing) attached to the windshield mount.

I strongly recvommend the raydot ... and strongly recommend doing it as the windshield is installed. To do so later is a MAJOR pain in the ...

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Raydot is more of a competition (or practical) type mirror. A little less showy(if you ask me). I'm just not into chrome. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.