Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the wiring now (garage is too cold for anything else) and am looking down the road.
Where have you guys taken our cars for body work and paint?
I'm in the twin cities area (Oakdale) and Iwant to start getting an idea of where to go and what to expect.
Any suggestions welcome.
Mike :rolleyes:

·
Senior Charter Member
130 Posts
We took Mike Davis's Roadster down to Dave in Farmington a couple weeks ago. Dave has done several FFRs, and seems to have a good handle on doing a high quality job at a reasonable price. Dave goes by DSE here on this sight. Mike or Dave should chime in here and let you know how to contact him.
Phil

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can't speak for Dave's Work on an FFR but last time I was at the shop he was tubbing out a 66 stang and the work he'd done so far was quality stuff. Nice welds on the narrowed 9" and was making his own bars for the 4 bar.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are you the guys sending all this cold air to North Carolina? Look I grew up in Minn. and I got enough of it up there Cut it out. Now!! Brrrrr.

·
Charter Member
485 Posts
Dave's working on my cobra now. It should be done around late February. We should definately hook up so you can see his work after my car is done. He's a great guy to work with, and really knows his stuff.

Keep an eye out for the Oddfellows shop tours that we have about every month. I'll have one in my garage after I get my car back.

Cold weather in North Carolina: I don't think so. It was 17 below zero (NOT COUNTING THE WIND CHILL!) on Saturday morning here in the MN.

;^)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tell them the truth Mike D. Yesterday it was -54 degrees in northern Minnesota, and that's with no wind chill.

All these guys complaining about the cold in the sun belt just don't realize that we face weather here that is colder than their freezer at home, and we are in the garage working. Little do they realize it's the only way we survive the frustration of waiting to get the car out on the road again.

Where should we go for the next tour?

Oh yeah, you can always paint it yourself. Lot's of work, but great satisfaction.

Steve Flaten

O

·
Charter Member
1,249 Posts
Actually I had my car painted at Oakdale Collision! I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. I have received many, many complements on my paint by other FFR owners. These guys did the job on-time and for the original asking price even though it took them longer than they expected. Father/son team at Oakdale Collision that just cannot be beat. I am on the road tonight in Austin, MN but will be back to Wisconsin tomorrow. If you want some pictures let me know and I will e-mail them over to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts