Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good painter in the Midwest bf with reasonable prices! I tried painting it last year but got too much orange peel in garage so wanting it redone and a little body work done to straighten gaps.

·
3,566 Posts
Jeff Kleiner is in Bloomington, Indiana, but he’s really booked up! The Saint Louis crowd may have someone!

·
Not a waxer
11,769 Posts
Jeff Kleiner is in Bloomington, Indiana, but he’s really booked up! The Saint Louis crowd may have someone!
Thanks Sten!

Anyone know a good painter in the Midwest bf with reasonable prices! I tried painting it last year but got too much orange peel in garage so wanting it redone and a little body work done to straighten gaps.
5.0id,
Sorry, but but I have no interest in doing a repaint on top of someone else's work.

Jeff

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,734 Posts
Have you tried wet sanding w/ 600-800-1000 paper to reduce the orange peel?

·
Not a waxer
11,769 Posts
Have you tried wet sanding w/ 600-800-1000 paper to reduce the orange peel?
Way too aggressive...that will get you through the peel...but will probably take all of the clear with it

Jeff

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Give Bob Roeder a shout at KR Motorsports in Nebraska perhaps? He painted our Cobra and has done a few others since...

5000 Rentworth Dr
Lincoln, Nebraska 68516
(402) 310-4077

[email protected]

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Midwest painter

Try Jeff at Celina Custom Auto, Celina, OH. They did an excellent job on my Mk IV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
painter near Chicago

Anyone knows a good painter in the Midwest bf with reasonable prices! I tried painting it last year but got too much orange peel in garage so wanting it redone and a little body work done to straighten gaps.
Had mine painted about 40 miles west of Chicago at KDX customs. DAve York does amazing work. He only paints custom cars and has a great shop with reasonable prices. He's painted originals for Bobby Rahul, races cars, and everything you can think of. He's a hell fo a nice guy too! You can find photos of my paint journey on my build blog linked in my profile

Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts