Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my coupe in May 2021. I ordered the 427 and TKX 600 with mid-shift package from Blueprint. The hold up for the eng/trans package was the Tremec Mid-shifter. The mid-shift is not yet available from Tremec. I agreed to have Blueprint send the package with the shifter in the normal position.
I have been looking for instructions to install the mid-shift at a later time when available. No such luck.
I do find info for working on the TKO but not TKX.
Can anyone shed some light on this subject?
I'd appreciate it

Tim

·
Not a waxer
12,091 Posts
This doesn't create a true mid-shift but... The TKX comes from Tremec with the shifter installed in the rearmost position, Unless Blueprint changes it for you prior to delivery you can move the lever about 4-5 inches farther forward by simply removing the shifter plate, rotating it 180 degrees and reinstalling it.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This doesn't create a true mid-shift but... The TKX comes from Tremec with the shifter installed in the rearmost position, Unless Blueprint changes it for you prior to delivery you can move the lever about 4-5 inches farther forward by simply removing the shifter plate, rotating it 180 degrees and reinstalling it.

Jeff
I did know about rotating the shifter 180 but this is not far enough ahead for my comfort. I also realize that I would have to remove some tunnel bracing for that to work.
I installed a TKO 600 and Gen 1 Coyote in my MKIV and I remember removing the shifter for ease of installation. I saw how easy it was to flip 180. Installing the mid-shift kit however, if it is anything like the TKO, may involve removing roll pins and lugs to accommodate installation. I'm just not clear on how it's done since I can't find the procedure.
The eng/trans should be arriving from Blueprint in a week or so. Hopefully the mid-shifter kit will be available soon. Meanwhile it will sit waiting installation. To be continued......
Thanks for responding Jeff.

Tim

·
7,919 Posts
Pretty sure you dont need a mid shift for the GEN 3 Coupe. Like Jeff said just make sure the shifter is forward in the mount.
Mike

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure you dont need a mid shift for the GEN 3 Coupe. Like Jeff said just make sure the shifter is forward in the mount.
Mike
Thanks Michael,
I know I could settle for a different position but I'll see when the eng/trans gets here and decide if I'm going to wait on Tremec to start producing the mid-shift.
Tim

·
369 Posts
I had to remove one piece of tunnel bracing to get my shifter in. A non-issue from a structural standpoint. I’m using a Long shifter with a Richmond Gear transmission which only mounts one way so I got the angle handle and mounted it backwards towards the front. Perfectly comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts