Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mark III and need new tires. I was hoping someone could help me with whether the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R front tires (26x10 15LT) will fit. The car currently has BFG Radial T/As on the front in P235/60R15. According to BFG’s website, these have a section width of 9” on a 7” rim. The Mickey Thompsons have a section width of 10.3” on an 8” rim. There is also a 26x8 15LT, but its section width is 8.5” on a 6 inch rim. I'd prefer to not go narrower than the BFGs. Does anyone have personal experience on 26x10s on a Mark III? Any rubbing? Pictures would be great, if you have them. The section width difference of 1.3” is significant and I would prefer not to take the plunge without more info. I've searched this topic, and there is one member that states they will fit, but I don't believe he owns the tires. Thanks in advance.

·
Junior Charter Member
218 Posts
I run Sportsman 245/60R15 front & 295/50R15 rear. IRS width on Trigos. No problems.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,382 Posts
I have never run them. I was close way back when but decided to go 17 instead. The 26x10 front and 26x12 rear have been the recommended sizes for as long as I can remember. Try searching for threads/posts from back then, say 10-12 yrs ago.

·
6,327 Posts
The SR radials are great but the goofy sizes made me crazy so I gave up and went with the ST radials instead. The 26 X 10 front tires will most likely stick out beyond the fender. Doesn't look very well thought out IMHO plus there may be some interference issues. The other thing that I didn't like is that the 26 X 12 rears are the same OD as the fronts which throws off the stance and requires resetting the ride height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts