Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Charter Member
98 Posts
Steve,
Hey what track was this at? Definetly a nice shot. You take it to the track often? The cobra looks nice haven't seen you cruising around. Take care.

Tom

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
Please tell me that this wheelie didn't break anything. If I did that in my car I think the radiator would rip right out of the car when it hit the ground.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car came down pretty hard and the 4" frame rails hit the ground in front. This actually protected the body and front suspension from any damage. You could actually see the sparks in the night-time video.

The RH solid engine mount bent slightly on impact lowering the RH header pipe which just barely hit the ground.

The steel clutch bellhousing flange also hit the ground which tilted the engine forcing the supercharger pulley into the frame which broke the pulley.

I was actually amazed what little damage there was.

Wheelie bars are definitely in the plan for the winter project.

The track was Mid Michigan in Stanton on 10/09/2002. Temperature was about 55 F just after sunset.

·
Senior Charter Member
540 Posts
Steve
I am suprised they did not run you off the track after you ran those times and pulled a wheelie in a open plastic car with a three poing roll bar.

If you broke the supercharger pulley how did you run those times?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did you know you were going to pull the wheels that high? Or was that a first shot with slicks and a High Rpm Launch?

I know if I wasn't ready for that I would have to change my shorts before the next run.

Either way that is one cool shot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The track told me if I ran faster than 11.99 that I might not be allowed to run again. I thought for sure they would say something after running a 10.44 and pulling wheelies but believe it or not they didn't.

I actually think they were enjoying watching me run. But what they really want is a full roll cage.

The 10.44 run was the run before this picture was taken. After this run I coasted across the finish so I could inspect the car carefully.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Come on Steve we've got to see the Video.
What an awesome picture. I've got them maybe 18" to 24" up, but nothing like that. :eek: I'm thinking removeable bars myself. Brian

[ October 18, 2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Qwik 1 ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.