Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Curious George
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I placed an order for my Metco Driveshaft Safety Loop and contacted Rick to see if we can get a discount - if we have 10+ he can work a deal for us!
They do cost more than your average loop setup, but it's tried and true - very stout and some have benefited directly from having this under their butt when driveshafts/drivetrains have broken. Highly recommended!

FYI - it can be bolted on, no need to remove the driveshaft if you're already up and running!

https://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MDL2500

Please send an email to [email protected] and tell them Todd sent you!

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd definitely join, but bought one off another member on the other forum at a pretty discounted price.

·
Curious George
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got this from Rick today!!

Hey Todd...We have decided to offer a flat shipping charge of $5 on the next (10) orders of these loop kits. Our website is configured so that the price of the item is now $134.99 (instead of $129.99), but no additional freight charge will be added. This change is in effect right now.

Great deal! Shipping is usually ~$21-25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah, I just happened to notice the price on the site change from 129.99 to 134.99 on my own. Glad I checked here cause I almost lost it when I saw the price went up for a group buy. Good to know the discount is built in on the shipping.

·
Curious George
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I just happened to notice the price on the site change from 129.99 to 134.99 on my own. Glad I checked here cause I almost lost it when I saw the price went up for a group buy. Good to know the discount is built in on the shipping.
yup saves about $20! :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
I picked one up on a group buy before I even had my kit :). I finally got around to getting some longer transmission mount bolts and putting in on last week. This weekend, I flipped the A-frame bolts so that I could slide the loop to the rear a bit more. These pictures were taken before I moved the loop to the rear:

·
Curious George
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked one up on a group buy before I even had my kit :). I finally got around to getting some longer transmission mount bolts and putting in on last week. This weekend, I flipped the A-frame bolts so that I could slide the loop to the rear a bit more. These pictures were taken before I moved the loop to the rear:

looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Finally ordered mine. Can t wait. It will give me something to do while I wait these agonizing weeks for my new PS Chrome Roll Bar.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Has anyone fit one of these with a Coyote/T56 combo?

Edit: @Toadster, I see you went to with the Coyote, T56, & IRS like me. Can you check the fitment with the bottom of the T56?

From what I understand, the T56 doesn’t clear the front FFR supplied triangular trans brace and have seen people cut away the front section for clearance. I’ve heard others toss the triangular brace all together and fabricate an extension for the mount. If the brace has to be modded or tossed, I want to make sure the Metco hoop can fit this application before I pull the trigger.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts