·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Errrh...Shouldn't you be out shoveling snow instead? :001_tongue:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been trying to get my alternator mounted, so far my march water pump pulley rubs against the mounting arm.

Tomorrow is another day.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Screw the alternator, just get a bigger battery.

Tomorrow isn't another day, the world will have ended by then....

Ooops its 2AM tomorrow already. I might get stuck with this credit card bill !???!?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up at 4 am this morning so I sorted out the alternator, wife woke up at 7 to tell me I'm obsessed.

I've had this kit for 4 months shy of 2 years and the project is gaining traction. I'm going to finish it before spring and I'll be staring out the windows waiting for the snow to melt

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hosted my wife's "offfice" party last night at our place. It's a health related clinic, they are all women partners. You know, the kind of party they talk shop all night. The husbands are bored stiff, can't wait for it to end, they see each other only once a year, have nothing in common, so conversation is like about the weather and stuff...

One of the guys is a high school teacher, and he mentions he fixed an issue with his wife's car using an OBD2 scanner and proceeds to explaining to me what it is... So I show him "Torque" on my phone, go get my bluetooth obd scanner: "I bought this for the car I'm building"...

Well me and the husbands (and some of the wives) spent the evening in the garage going through the Cobra.

Best office Xmas party... EVER!

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Been trying to get my alternator mounted, so far my march water pump pulley rubs against the mounting arm.
Tomorrow is another day.
Is the March pulley wider than a stock one, or is it perhaps the alternator mounting bracket your using?

Wormie, so much for a "kitchen party" eh?..lol. Most guys would prefer to party in the shop.:balloon:.
Have to watch out for drinking glass rings on the paint job..:)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wormie, sounds like fun.

The spacers provided by everson didn't work with my application, luckily I have TONS of experience in the working with spacers category.

It's all good. Now that the engine is in I have a long to do list to hit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.