Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I've used their products and they are good, but I tried Chemical Guys products and I like them better.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
I have switched to Adam's.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Funny, I did the same thing. If you watch Amazon, you will see Chemical Guys stuff go on sale. Good products.
I agree, I rarely buy anything from them until I see a sale, which is pretty often.

I am a bit of a fanatic when it comes to clean cars and I have a very dark grey X5 as my daily driver. I hated the color within weeks of getting it because it was miserable trying to keep it clean, and I even thought of getting rid of it. I used Chemical Guys Jet Seal on it many months ago and water still beads up really well and the paint is apparently so much smoother that the dirt can't stick as easily and the car stays much cleaner. Now even a rain storm washes away a lot of dirt. I am a big fan, and it lasts, unlike regular wax.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree, I rarely buy anything from them until I see a sale, which is pretty often.

I am a bit of a fanatic when it comes to clean cars and I have a very dark grey X5 as my daily driver. I hated the color within a weeks of getting it because it was miserable trying to keep it clean, and I even thought of getting rid of it. I used Chemical Guys Jet Seal on it many months ago and water still beads up really well and the paint is apparently so much smoother that the dirt can't stick as easily and the car stays much cleaner. Now even a rain storm washes away a lot of dirt. I am a big fan, and it lasts, unlike regular wax.
I will look into the Jet Seal. I also try to keep my cars looking clean. I find myself applying a good wax at the end of winter and again in the fall. Because of the lack of weather in California, I tend to drive year round in my Cobra. I tend to do at lease a waterless wipe down every two weeks or so. There are times where I will do a full wash. Mainly after I drive on dirt roads. It is funny to go visit the kids at 4-H camp that is a couple of miles down a dirt road. The parking lot is fully of SUVs, and minivan or two, and my Cobra. Totally worth it.

As for car wax brands, they all will tend to work, just some are a bit better than others. It is more important to take your time to cleaning your car than the brand of sealant or wax. (flame away)

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
As for car wax brands, they all will tend to work, just some are a bit better than others. It is more important to take your time to cleaning your car than the brand of sealant or wax. (flame away)
I agree, most of the name brands probably give very similar results, so it's a personal preference based on experience. To each his own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts