Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Wow. I saw Vanguard motors was selling none for about 100k too
looks like they have 5-6 cobras, all >$99k! one of those is a FF with a coyote but most are BDR.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The market is crazy!

The Honda dealership wanted me to sell them my four year old minivan at a price that I thought was a scam! I'd have done it except they had nothing else to sell to me and my family still needed a minivan!

·
Not a waxer
12,091 Posts
Went for 100K :)
You realize that was a charity car, right? Aside from the ill fitting sidepipes it’s a nice car but the reality is that if the proceeds weren’t going to a charity it wouldn’t have pulled down that number.

Jeff

·
Registered
154 Posts
You realize that was a charity car, right? Aside from the ill fitting sidepipes it’s a nice car but the reality is that if the proceeds weren’t going to a charity it wouldn’t have pulled down that number.

Jeff
Why are the side pipes so low?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Jeff
You Realize someone forked out 100K ,right ?

·
Registered
368 Posts
What I think Jeff is trying to say is that someone forked out $100k for a tax write off. And now they have a nice car to show for it. Drivers side pipe was way too low. In a hard left turn, that thing may turn into a sparkler.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
What I think Jeff is trying to say is that someone forked out $100k for a tax write off. And now they have a nice car to show for it. Drivers side pipe was way too low. In a hard left turn, that thing may turn into a sparkler.
I don't think you get a full tax writeoff when you bid on an item. It's not a pure donation. If the market value of the car is $60k then the writeoff would only be $40k.

Either way, I've known people to overpay for charity items because 1) they genuinely want to support the charity, 2) it's sometimes easier to justify the purchase, and 3) there is some writeoff which can be valuable depending on your income tax bracket.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Vanguard often has some cool cars but I was on the site a few days ago. Was surprised to see a factory five for 99k but also their entire inventory is out of control. EVEN in this crazy market right now, Vanguard has ho hum average cars with low but not crazy low mileage going for stupid money.

An 87 mustang LX 5.0 with 34,000 miles for $45k

An 89 thunderbird supercoupe with 37,000 miles for $35k

91 f150 with 22,000 miles for $60k

the market is high on everything right now, but even in this market those prices are not just out of line, they’re insane

·
Not a waxer
12,091 Posts
Vanguard often has some cool cars but I was on the site a few days ago. Was surprised to see a factory five for 99k but also their entire inventory is out of control. EVEN in this crazy market right now, Vanguard has ho hum average cars with low but not crazy low mileage going for stupid money.

An 87 mustang LX 5.0 with 34,000 miles for $45k

An 89 thunderbird supercoupe with 37,000 miles for $35k

91 f150 with 22,000 miles for $60k

the market is high on everything right now, but even in this market those prices are not just out of line, they’re insane
Vanguard always lists them high. The "live build" Coupe that we built at SEMA 2018 sold at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale in 2019 for 75K---to Vanguard. They took it back to Michigan and put it on their floor for $130,000. Don't know what it ultimately sold for but I'm sure they made a tidy profit!

As for the sidepipes; they either used J-pipes which dropped or installed aftermarket pipes from a vendor who shall not be named 😉

Jeff

·
Builder in training...
176 Posts
That car looks a lot like mine...
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Reactions: jhargrove
1 - 14 of 14 Posts