Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw on mecum auto auction that an ffr sold for 30k. I didn't see any details.

After building a car and knowing the time and money it takes to do things right, I see a bunch of cars that seem like pretty good deals. Maybe they aren't that nice in person, but I kept seeing cars, and thinking hmmmm it might be cool to own a 1959 station wagon! I just might show up at one of those auctions one day. Anyone go to these?

Ernest

·
New
1,143 Posts
I watch it on tv pretty often. I would love to go someday. It is the only televised one that is realistic. Barret Jackson is an experience like Vegas. People go just to blow money. Meccum has some good deals. Especially lately.

·
Registered
804 Posts
If I ever came into some money my one weakness is cars and technology (home audio/video).

Some of those cars are soooo cool!

Of course I'd have to buy a new house with a really nice garage!

·
3,596 Posts
Mecum's office is just 20 minutes from me...I'd like to go and check it out some time!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just sold 5128 for $45,000.00 A mild mannered 302 with T-5 trans. It can be done. So many guys are letting these cars go too cheap.
Good for you. If you want to give someone a good deal, fine. But we really need to change the perception of Factory Five cars and get the prices the fine examples deserve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.