Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Albany ny
410 Posts
I got mine from Boffin Motorsports. His name is Len Ewell 503 624 2659. He uses a correct 427 cobra gas pedal that nobody else is offering to my knowledge. The linkage exits the footbox out the side witch is real close to the header on a 351 windsor engine but is no problem if you install carefully. Nice guy to deal with. Kit was $350 +or-. Well worth it, works great.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
No, not any kits that I'm aware of. Not sure it's necessary though. The parts are all readily available and pretty simple to set up. These are the two definitive threads I found on the subject, each with other links inside:

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/160-mo...cal-throttle-linkage-mock-up-small-block.html

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...-mechanical-throttle-linkage.html#post1790739

This is what I put together. Total cost $123. Have ready to install when my engine goes in. I'll cut 1/4-28 RH threads on each end of the 1/4" steel rod once the final lengths are determined.

Quantity Part Number Description Source

1 9095K107 3/8" x 12" stainless rod McMaster
3 6072K31 1/4" rod end – right hand female 28 tpi McMaster
2 3370K15 Chrome-Plated Steel Two-Piece Clamp-on Collar 3/8" Bore, 7/8" Outside Diameter, 3/8" Width McMaster
2 60685K341 PTFE-Lined Aluminum Ball Joint Rod End 3/8"-24 RH Female Shank, 3/8" Ball ID, 13/16" L Thrd McMaster
1 1750601 QUICK RELEASE CABLE OR LINKAGE END, 1/4-28 RH Speedway
2 91018410 Lightweight Aluminum Throttle Linkage Arm, 3/8 " Speedway
1 NA 1/4" Steel Rod - 36" (plain) Lowes
2 NA 3/8-24 x 1" Bolts, button head Ace
8 NA 1/4-28 Lock nuts Ace
4 NA 1/4" Washers Ace
1 NA 3/8" Grommet Ace

·
FFR Bandit
407 Posts
Just replied to Ross about this....

AND LIKE ED JUST LISTED THE PARTS AS I WAS TYPING!!!!!!

Folks, this is an easy thing to build yourself; and here's the kicker- NO TWO ARE GONNA BE THE SAME!

Make your own with some parts from McMaster Carr and your local hardware store.

Ball joint links, some stainless rod- the hardest piece to find and machine, and a bunch of 1/4- 20 nuts and bolts.

Problem with a pre-made kit is....You still will have to thread the stainless rod to length for your specific car. Tapping stainless is a BITCH, and if you can find a machine shop to thread it for you (throw em' a few $) you will be a lot less stressed! Tons of good pictures on this forum for ideas on how to!!!!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mike Forte was suppose to be putting a kit together, I'm not sure whatever happened to his efforts though

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mike Forte was suppose to be putting a kit together, I'm not sure whatever happened to his efforts though
With all the variations in how we do our gas pedals, footboxes, and so on I suspect there is no such thing as a "kit". He'd have to sell a pile of parts that we'd modify and adapt ourselves. Then 5 seconds after someone showed the kit on this site someone else would post a parts list of where to get it all for cheaper. Just guessing though.

Mario

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi,
I have a box of parts and need a little time to finish it. Someday i hope.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.