Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
since First start up i always had issue with my mechanical temp gauge as it don’t move. Bleed system still nothing, I boiled water and put barb in it and finally it moved a lil bit. Not crazy that gauge is Celsius to begin with. Anyone else have this issue? Should I replace if so do I switch to electrical?
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Hello,
since First start up i always had issue with my mechanical temp gauge as it don’t move. Bleed system still nothing, I boiled water and put barb in it and finally it moved a lil bit. Not crazy that gauge is Celsius to begin with. Anyone else have this issue? Should I replace if so do I switch to electrical?
thanks
Maybe you engine is just that Kool!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Never was a fan of mechanical temp gauges...that capillary tube is difficult to route, can't be shortened to suit application, and who needs Celsius degrees? Electrical is the way to go IMHO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello,
thanks
I never even heard of a mechanical temperature gauge in a car. Now I’m going to have to see what it is. 17,000 miles and 18 years on my car and never an issue with my electrical gauge.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,519 Posts
Never was a fan of mechanical temp gauges...that capillary tube is difficult to route, can't be shortened to suit application, and who needs Celsius degrees? Electrical is the way to go IMHO.
I agree. 50 years ago there could maybe have been some truth to the idea that mechanical gauges are supposed to be more accurate. Since then I see no reason to use them.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I kind of like the mechanical because the oil pressure, oil temperature and water temperature work without electricity (all the time)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Plus there was a time when the mechanicals were full 270 degree sweep and the electricals were only only 90 degree sweep. I think that was corrected some time ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts