Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw post that somebody is running electrical and mechanical pump together on FFR. I like that idea, to use the mechanical pump and have the electrical pump in circuit as a spare one. Now I have the Holley blue (mounted back on lower diagonal frame) with regulator (mounted on top of passanger foot box) and sometimes this pump stops working for a few seconds. I already have an eccentric on my engine. I would like to add the mechanical pump to the cirquit but I don't know how. Specialy how to pump the fuel through electrical when this one is not working. Do I have to bypass it? Then do I need some kind of one way valve? What to do with regulator? Does anybody have some pictures or schematics how to do this modification.
Thanks
Ben

·
Junior Charter Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BostonBuster,
this is exactly what i'm looking for. Please could you tell me what electric fuel pump, mechanical pump and one way check valve are you running, part numbers will be great:)
Thanks
Ben

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,659 Posts
the only external electric pump used on a continuous basis , that is reliable ,in my experience is a carter . modern ,In tank pumps have the advantage of using the surrounding fuel to cool the motor , the carter design takes advantage by design , of using the fuel to cool the motor.
for performance reasons I am using a gerotor desgn pump , a mallory , the holley blue and red pumps are vane style pumps , the new holley black pump is a gerotor type pump
you must use a check valve with a gerotor pump as a mechanical pump will not pull fuel by the gerotor .
Adding a mech pump or ditching the external pump altogether fixes the problem (I found I needed the extra fuel flow on the dragstrip thats why I added an electric)

·
Junior Charter Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O.K. I guess you have the Mallory 110, this one doesn't require the regulator. What is your mechanical pump, Carter, Holley or Edelbrock? How about the one way check valve, on picture looks like Earls, do you have part number.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,659 Posts
mallory 110 , carter mech pump , earls check valve (bought from summit , don't have p/n but its in their catalog) . make sure if you use a gerotor pump you have a good inline filter between the tank and elect pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts