Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Curious George
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I'm installing my radiator and using the breeze shroud, and top/bottom mounts
I'll also be using the replicaparts panel so I need to set the rad to 58 degrees (instead of 51)

my brain is fuzzy - at which point do I measure the 58 degrees from? the hinge? the vertical chassis? the front?

thanks!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,255 Posts
hey guys I'm installing my radiator and using the breeze shroud, and top/bottom mounts
I'll also be using the replicaparts panel so I need to set the rad to 58 degrees (instead of 51)

my brain is fuzzy - at which point do I measure the 58 degrees from? the hinge? the vertical chassis? the front?

View attachment 359369

View attachment 359370

thanks!

View attachment 359369

View attachment 359370

thanks!
I mounted the top of the radiator with a piano hinge and secured the bottom after installing the body. Worked great and didn't have to worry about what angle to use.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm using the everson piece as well and understood it to be 58*from the horizon. I haven't tried fitting the body on yet with the radiator in yet so I might be wrong, but the breeze lower mounts are adjustable to dial in the correct angle later when paired with the upper hinge mount

Reactions: Toadster

·
Curious George
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using the everson piece as well and understood it to be 58*from the horizon. I haven't tried fitting the body on yet with the radiator in yet so I might be wrong, but the breeze lower mounts are adjustable to dial in the correct angle later when paired with the upper hinge mount
Is there a general rule of thumb how far from the front you drill for the lower mount? Seems about 3” back with the FFR radiator mounted on the back of the radiator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,851 Posts
Since the Breeze mount is adjustable I'd forget the angle spec. Say you get it to 58deg and then get the body on and start installing the Everson piece and find it could be a better fit at 56deg. What then? I'd eyeball it and maybe make it a little flatter so your lower rad hose is a little longer. That way, if you need to adjust it later to fit the aluminum, you won't end up w/ a hose that is too short.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I agree with Craig. I thought I had the angle correct, but it turns out I was measuring from horizontal (or vertical) instead of the other way around. It makes no difference functionally; my radiator & shroud keep my 302 plenty cool. And as it turned out, I had no choice; I still had to grind ~3/8" off the tow hook before the corrugated hose would fit so there was no way to get my radiator any steeper. The end result was I had to trim the Everson radiator surround lots more than usual.

John

IMG_3481 by jhsitton, on Flickr

IMG_5071 by jhsitton, on Flickr

·
Not a waxer
11,805 Posts
well dang, the everson part is $114 shipping to my house... over $200!?! dang! I may have to rethink that... ugh
If you rethink that just let the side pieces of the supplied Factory Five nose aluminum determine the angle.

Jeff

·
Curious George
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks! yeah, Mike was shocked at the shipping price as well - it's doubled since the COVID stuff... :(
If I could just bend the shape myself it could be shipped flat :S

1 - 10 of 10 Posts