Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm fairly excited about this so I thought I'd post some pics.

It's a 2002 Mustang GT. Production date was April 22, 2002.

The potential deal.

I get the car and the parts that aren't useable.(Rad, shroud, 2 wheels to replace nicked ones; etc.) They deliver to me and pick up the body at the end. Price is $3,500 Canadian or about $2700 American.

The front is pushed in until just beforte contact with the engine. There was no contact with the steering rack. There was very minor damage to driver side body and both passenger side wheels have nicks in them. The tires look very good (Potenza's. The gas tank and underneath of the car look mint. I couldn't see any damage to anything critical to a kit (I think) other than the rad and shroud and maybe the overflow.

I'm planning on doing as complete a donor build as possible.

My thinking is that the engine was likely working before the ...umm...mishap; BUT, I am taking a chance without starting or turning it over.

I have the VIN number but don't know what the numbers actually represent 1FAFP42X02F199662

Please comment as I'm not a mechanic and am quite enthusiastic about ordering a kit.

[ September 17, 2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Questor ]

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
It looks OK, but here's the deal:
you are going to spend quite some more money replacing all the small (and big) items that got damaged, like the Radiator, radiator support and fan, coolant reservoir, the spindles and bearings are probably no good, if the hit got to the engine... forget it a lot more money to fix, now, IF the engine block was damaged (it has happened before with frontal hits, aluminum blocks especially they crack easily) then you will spend yet more moeny to fix it, I'd recommend you skip this one and look for a side impact wreck, those are usually the best, since the engine never get touched.
At insurance auctions I can get those 2000-2004 GTs at about 2400-3000 dlls.

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
Banned
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by FFCars4Me:
[q] It looks OK, but here's the deal:
you are going to spend quite some more money replacing all the small (and big) items that got damaged, like the Radiator, radiator support and fan, coolant reservoir, They will supply those things as I had posted the spindles and bearings are probably no good, Just wondering why this would be. Not a mechanic if the hit got to the engine... It appears the hit stopped about 1' from the engine. Nothing touching the pulleys. forget it a lot more money to fix, now, IF the engine block was damaged (it has happened before with frontal hits, aluminum blocks especially they crack easily) then you will spend yet more moeny to fix it, I'd recommend you skip this one and look for a side impact wreck, those are usually the best, since the engine never get touched.
At insurance auctions I can get those 2000-2004 GTs at about 2400-3000 dlls. This sounds good. I don't know what shipping would cost to my area [Nova Scotia, Canada] or if I could import the damaged car; but, it's worth a look.

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles
[/q]
[ September 17, 2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Questor ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts