Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a crate 302 form Max at five star Ford, he gave me a great deal , I installed the engine started it up and within 10 minutes it blew out a freeze out plug ???????? As it turns out it was not properly installed,I called ford racing and they only offered to send me a new plug , than I figured I call Max and I told him what happened , he said that was not right and looked up about how much time it should take to pull the engine to install the new plug , he contacted ford racing and today a check showed up for $300 to covered my labor costs to install the plug , both Max and ford racing said that this NEVER happened before ,and I believe them I was lucky in a way that it happened in my driveway and not out on the highway 50 miles from home ,could of blown up the engine , Anyway ,Somtinmes things happen but is is nice ot know that when they do someone is there to correct them ! MAX IS THE MAN !!!!!!!! Thanks Max, Herb Fraser

[ June 02, 2005, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Herb fraser ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,594 Posts
He is a very helpful, knowledgeable car guy. Five Star is lucky to have him and so are we!

Thanks Max!

Paul

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,830 Posts
When I finish my car, I am going to send him a pic. of my car, and a thank you note. Maybe others have or will do the same.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Hi

Thank you all for the kind words. This proves that Ford Racing will stand behind their products. We all know mistakes happen and luckly, as Herb said, it was in the driveway. All I did was explain to the head of ford racing the concern and he agreed that it was a fluke and would be taken care of. The engine is basicly built by a machine and how that plug did not install right is a mystery. I provided an hour estimate for them to figure a dollar amount and they sent Herb a check. I guess when the 6th largest Ford Racing Dealer in the world speaks they listen. Anyway I am very happy this worked out for the best.
Thank you all for your support.
Max

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Max...this was good!!!! I'll need to call you... I'm shoppng around for a 351w.
Charles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Max is a genuinely nice, caring man that makes bying Ford parts easy! He helped me when I needed to exchange parts because I changed my mind.
Thanks Max,
Mike Hollermann

1 - 9 of 9 Posts