Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a really stupid question but...

I've got the Wilwood pedal box that came with my MKIII complete kit ready to go but I can't figure out how to install the master cylinders. Since the master cylinder studs are already in I can't spin the cylinders to get the rods into the pedal assembly. I tried removing the studs but didn't want to bugger them up. Do I have to remove them or is ther some other trick?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
The pushrods coming out of the ends of the master cylinders will spin and allow you to thread them into the balance bar (don't worry, they won't unthread from the body of the MC; they are held into the cylinder with clips, not threads). Just use a set of pliers to squeeze and move the band clamp (it holds the rubber boot onto the pushrod shaft) off of the boot. This makes it much easier to spin the pushrod; just remember to move the clamp back when you have it all threaded in. Easy as pie. :biggrinking:

HTH!
- John

·
Kriss Motors
1,167 Posts
If I understand your question, you can just twist/rotate the entire MC assembly (cylinder housing, rubber boot, and threaded stud that connects to balance bar) until it is in the correct position on the balance bar threaded hole, and then fasten with the supplied bolts & loc nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I used both methods above and also added an extra nut on the shaft next to the boot clamp and used RED Loctite to lock it. Better then gouging up the shaft with pliers all the time. Especially later when making adjustments to the bias through you access plate. I also slid the boot back and put some Lithium grease on the shaft, it helped alot.

My studs did not stick far enough out for the the Nyloc Nuts to grab, jam some nuts on the stud and back out after applying some RED Loctite first to the tail end.

·
cap'n hook
1,741 Posts
elkvis,

2 posts looks like you are new here so...

Welcome aboard :wave:

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts