Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here was the problem I ran into with the quest remote reservoir. I think it is because I am running the larger 94 booster and it changed the angle of the MC. The nipples sat well below the reservoir and I was concerned it would not work well.

Here is the solution I came up with. I used the factory reservoir with nipples from the Quest set up and made a bracket to hold the orignal where I wanted. I have not perm. mounted it yet, I want to see where the hood/body end up at, but it should work fine where its at. I am hoping to be able to raise it a little more when all is sat in place.

I cut out a small bar to fit through the box like opening on the res. I drilled a hole in it and tapped it so that I could screw into it from the bottom to give something to hold it down other than the hose clamps. It worked out pretty well because there was not going to be easy trying to get a nut held in place in that little tube. Since the bar is longer I can hold and postion it from the outside and it won't turn in the tube and eliminates the need for a nut/wrench combo.

Just thought someone else may have run into this and thought I would post my solution.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing except...and you may want to check, I thought the body or hood actually rested on the 3/4 tube... so you may have to go lower

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My body is at a different location so I had to guess. I have not perm. mounted it yet just in case, I can move it back some to give it more height as well. I checked a bunch of pics about the hood and body, It will be close so we'll see! if need be I can move it towards the center of the car too.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Looks like a neat solution. Only question is if it clears the hood. Hopefully someone can post a pic of where the body will rest on the square tube. I think it is even with it or darn close. You may have to move the reservoir out a tad with some spacers to clear.

Great job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts