Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a message into Chris, but no response yet so I thought would float this one to the forumns.

It appears that my mass flow sensor plug from the wiring harness is designed to work with a 4 prong sensor. However, it appears that the sensor has 5 prongs.

Here is what I have:

And I have seen this adapter:

Will this work? ANyone else run into this with their build?

Regards,

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,608 Posts
Pete, I'll look at the connector when I get home tonight and get back to you. Mine has 4 prongs but only uses 3 wires: red, white and black. The wiring from this connector goes to a Frequency to Voltage converter and then on to another connector before it gets to the ECC.

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug,

Here is the actual picture of my connector and the mass sensor from the air cleaner base plate. As you can see they do not match up.

Connector End

Mass Air Sensor

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Didn't you get an adapter box to convert the GM sensor signal for the EEC unit?
Could it be that the plug you have is the Ford one going in there and the box has a cable with the 5 prong plug for the sensor...

Just a thought.

Olivier

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Olivier,

I will double check all my Mass-Flo boxes, but I do not recall having received one. After seeing the connector list at the top of the post and a passing comment on the some other post about an adapter I was starting to think that might be the case.

Cheers,

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rod,

That is exactly what I found this morning when I revisited everyone of my Mass-Flo boxes. The instructions did not say anything about the converter so I did not even think to look for it on Sunday when we were hooking things up. Not totally surprising as the Mass-Flo was shipped from the engine builder and not directly from Chris.

Thanks everyone for the helpful input.

Cheers,

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Paul, are you using an oval air cleaner? If so might I suggest mounting the converter like I did (and a few others copied)...

HTH...
Mark

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark,

I very much like that layout and will likely do much the same. Makes sense to make it easier for taking the air cleaner off with out having to leave it all connected.

BTW - do you have any shoots showing how you may or may not have wrapped your wiring in the engine bay related to the Mass-Flo. We just mocked up positions and will start looking down this weekend.

Cheers,

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
We were looking for a super clean engine compartment and I didn't want to mount the MAF converter on the firewall and/or cut the wiring to length, so I came up with the filter mounting idea...

As for engine wiring I'll throw these up for you to see:

ECM Mounting

Wiring through firewall

Other side of fireall (later retained with clip under wiper motor)

I don't have the car here right now (at painters) but if you want to know where we ran a certain wire or mounted something just holler...

You can also check out the online versions of our wiring stories here:
http://www.mustangandfords.com/projectbuild/mufp_0704_factory_five_roadster_wiring/index.html

http://www.mustangandfords.com/projectbuild/mufp_0705_factory_five_roadster_body_install/index.html

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You rock Mark!

I sort of figured you had pictures form the magazine. Unfortunately, I am behind on ym reading. Suffice to say it has been busy with work travel, my racing, getting ready for our SPA F1 Racing holiday next month, and oh yeah that wedding planning thing for the fiancee and I.

I am really making the push as we had said we wanted to have the car done before our wedding on Febraruary 29th, 2008! Do not be surprised if ypu get a note from me looking for more pictures.

Cheers,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts