Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a stock 5.0 engine and have added a mass-flo conversion kit, which is just the intake mass air and a chip for the computer. Before calling Chris I wanted to put this out to the forum faithful whom have already done so much to help me get my car to where it is. First is it neccesary to use the chip? Second with the chip I have gotten it to run at about 75% of where it used to be but it runs real rough and tends to bog around 3000 rpm has anyone had this sistuation is it just normal massflo start up and learning or do I have a problem? Lastly for the 91 5.0 ford had two firing orders one for the h.o. and one regular if somehow the chip that I have was for the non h.o. firing order would the car even run or would it act as thought the plugs were all on back *sswards? Thank you all in advance oh and by the way when I put the car on a code scanner it gave me some codes about the idle being out of specified range how badly could this affect it?

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
What wiring are you using? Stock EEC-IV? What did you do with emissiosn and EGR? What size injectors (I know you said stock 5.0, but did you verify what injectors it came with)? How have you mounted he MAF to the air-cleaner/throttle body? Was the 5.0 a mass-air application originally? Does the BAP have a hose attached to it by mistake (making it into a MAP instead like a speed density setup?).

I know, a lot of questions, but you didn't give us much on your setup...

HTH...
Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
1,600 Posts
Bay80,
I would talk with chris. I have worked with Chris in the past and he is very through. He knows how to make his products work. Afterall, that is how he makes his living. HTH

·
Junior Charter Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using a stock wiring harness out of a 91 mustang gt as well as a stock a9l computer. I have 19lb injectors and have eliminated a majority of the emissions equip. As for the egr I'm using the egr eliminator that comes with the mass flo kit. For the last 3 years this set-up has been working for me. The only changes I have made this year is the addition of the massflo system; manifold, throttle body and chip on the computer. There is no hose attached to the bap. The only vacuum lines are to a pcv valve and to the fuel regulator. And I'm not sure what you mean about the maf it's bolted on the throttle body wires up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts