Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in the garage changing the air filter on my Thunderbird SC the air meter looks to be larger than the stock mustangs.Will the electronics from the mustang meter interchange with the t-bird electronics.I didn't measure them maybe there the same size just curoius.Also are there any cars or trucks that have 24 lb injectors from the factory that I could look for the next time i go to the u pull it yard Thanks Greg

·
Registered
541 Posts
The ford 460 trucks had 24lb injectors, and the SC's had 30's but you need two of them.
But you still need a correctly calibrated meter to change sizes.

Todd

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Based on an article on Ford induction called Induction Blues by Mike Wesley it appears that if you have a Ford system, all the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensors put out the same signal, that is X volts change per Y lbs of air change. Based on the same calibration of all Ford MAF's, the MAF's on Fords can be interchanged without calibration consequence. So, yes, your SC large MAF would work on a Mustang. The plug may have to be changed, however.

On the other hand, we can not simply change injector size as the transfer function is inside the EEC, and it has to know what size injectors are installed.

Many people do install bigger injectors and trick the EEC by getting a non-Ford MAF that makes it work ok.

24 lb injectors are light blue and are found, for one place, on all Mustang Cobra 5.0 engines. (1993-1995)

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,783 Posts
i was wondering the same thing, i actually bought
a cnl meter and bought a mass air meter out of a
super coupe which had 30 lb injectors. i dont have my kit yet so i dont know how it will work.
i also bought a plastic pro m 75 meter i dont like the quality of the pro m compared to the
c&l but i will have to wait to see which one works better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts