Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but for whatever reason this question popped into my head the other day after looking at a few build threads. What is the preferred way of painting stripes on these cars; painting the entire body in the chosen base coat color and then spraying the stripes over top, or spraying the stripe color first and then masking out the stripe and spraying the base coat color? Is there an advantage to either one, would it depend on the color......?

Just curious.....thanks.

·
Not a waxer
12,067 Posts
I shoot the stripe color, mask and then spray the main body color. Less masking this way. There might be some combination where working the other way would be advantageous but I've never encountered it (nor can I think of what it would be).

Jeff

·
Registered
61 Posts
I shoot the stripe color, mask and then spray the main body color. Less masking this way. There might be some combination where working the other way would be advantageous but I've never encountered it (nor can I think of what it would be).

Jeff
Jeff, to follow up on this old thread, after spraying the stripe color and masking, is there a need to nib sand or feather out the stripe color before spraying the main body color?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts