Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
I looked at it and understand it works well. My pinstripe was a third color, so I ended up using 1/4" Fineline tape. I painted the body color, laid out the stripe using three side by side pieces of Fineline, masked and painted the main stripe, removed the middle piece of Fineline, masked and painted the 1/4" pinstripe. That worked great, but it was a bear laying out the stripes!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I used a 3m pin stripe tape that had 1/8" increments of tape. It worked great. I had one small bleed over the "butt" of the trunk. It was my fault for not pressing the tape firmly enough over that curve. I bought my 3m tape @ hokpaint.com. I know MACs Autobody is a sponsor of the site he may have it as well.

Bobby

·
Senior Charter Member
2,424 Posts
I also used 3M with no problems. I know the roadster is a simple car to mask but a little trick I came up with to keep the tape perfect around curves is to use a laser line level on a tripod. If you use one on both ends of the car, you can line the two lines over each other and you have a single red line to run your tape to. I did it on a 67 mustang and it worked great. I turned the laser off and eyeballed it, then turned it on and found my eye was off ALOT. Anyways, thought this might help. I posted pics on another post a couple months ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts