Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a small tip for those just starting their build. There's several panels where you need to trace the framework onto the backside of the panels so you can mark where you need to drill. The floors and the trunk panels in particular. Here's the tip: Take the time to trace the framework before you start assembling.

I now have to mark the trunk panels and it should be pretty challenging with the rear suspension and fuel tank in there taking up all the room. :(

·
Senior Charter Member
4,275 Posts
If you are in that position (like I was :D ) just locate the begining and end of each run, then run your marked up underoos elastic between those pionts...the top rear trunk aluminum is the worst as far as removal and replacement goes...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, Rickster. I was planning on getting my daughter to crawl under there and start marking. She used to take gymnastics so I figured she could do the contortionist thing! I'll give your idea a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.