Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Who is making a hard top for the Mark IV and if so please send pictures. Just need the shell if I need to finish. My new Mark IV arrives saturday. VIN#8000
#8000 - sounds like a milestone for FFR and well deserved!

Looking forward to hearing about your build....

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
This is one of my favorites made by Mr. Bruce. (Bruce Chervenak, Pittsburgh PA)

This not an FFR but it can be fitted to one. I have seen one on a FFR Mk3 but not a Mk4 yet. Mr. Bruce makes a bunch of variations of this and other tops.

Check out this thread for more details and pictures of this top and more. At the end of the thread (last post) is another Mr. Bruce Le Mans top with quarter windows. You will also find Mr. Bruce's phone number in this thread.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/295123-hardtop-guys-step-inside.html

George

Added edit:

Here is another interesting thread, shows Mr. Bruce's top on a Mk4:
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/19-parts-sale-wanted/266514-lemans-hardtop-mk4.html

·
FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
I believe the LeMans top that Mr Bruce offers does require you to shorten the roll bars.

Whitby also offers a hard top. It's not a LeMans style, but I don't think it requires you to cut down the roll bars....give them a call to see if it fits the MK4

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I believe the LeMans top that Mr Bruce offers does require you to shorten the roll bars.
I believe Mr. Bruce does make an option with 'bumps' that allow the roll bars to fit.

George

·
Banned
315 Posts
Lemans Top

Perry,
Here's Bruce's Lemans top on a Mk2. It's unfinished, but is trimmed and bolted to the car. Has seen 140 at Sebring and a double hit into the wall at Barbers and stayed attached to the car. Send me an email if you'd like to see it; I'm on the beach side.
Have fun with the new build!
/bs

Attachments

·
Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Perry,
Here's Bruce's Lemans top on a Mk2. It's unfinished, but is trimmed and bolted to the car.
/bs
WOW, that just makes your car. Bruce is quite the talented man. He does beautiful work! :D

John O

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,976 Posts
Federalist Patriot, is that body exactly as it would be on the car? I ask since the MkIV has a significantly lower rear deck/fenders/trunk compared to previous models. I have to think that the top wouldn't fit unless it was specifically designed for the MkIV body. But who knows how it might look on a body buck. I did the drop butt mod on my MkII and needed to do a bunch of refitting to my APE top afterward. And the end result still has a foam seal that tapers from approx one inch at the trunk lid to < 1/4 inch at the door opening.

826 Posts
Federalist Patriot, is that body exactly as it would be on the car? I ask since the MkIV has a significantly lower rear deck/fenders/trunk compared to previous models. I have to think that the top wouldn't fit unless it was specifically designed for the MkIV body. But who knows how it might look on a body buck. I did the drop butt mod on my MkII and needed to do a bunch of refitting to my APE top afterward. And the end result still has a foam seal that tapers from approx one inch at the trunk lid to < 1/4 inch at the door opening.
Not sure, you'd have to reach out to Bruce about that. I just had the pictures handy in my pile. I think what Bruce was doing there was fitting his top to the MkIV body, or he could have just put it on there to see how it looked. I'm not certain.

·
Senior Charter Member
575 Posts
Its funny how the frame numbers go, I was up at factory five doing final payment for my kit, frame number 7930, my frame was not even built at this point , but there was frame 8000 sitting in the rack!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hard Top

Thanks for the pictures guys. Just want a top I can put on when rain is threatening. Kinda cool for the track as well. Yes kinda of funny to see #8000 sitting in rack when lesser numbers were still being picked up. I ordered car in May knowing I would have shipped about the time #8000 would really be rolling out the door. As of today Stewart picked up at FFR and will receive here in Panama City, Fla. monday. This is my second car and not having a running car know sucks. This one will be badder and prettier. I will keep you posted. Thanks, Again Perry

·
Senior Charter Member
575 Posts
Thanks for the pictures guys. Just want a top I can put on when rain is threatening. Kinda cool for the track as well. Yes kinda of funny to see #8000 sitting in rack when lesser numbers were still being picked up. I ordered car in May knowing I would have shipped about the time #8000 would really be rolling out the door. As of today Stewart picked up at FFR and will receive here in Panama City, Fla. monday. This is my second car and not having a running car know sucks. This one will be badder and prettier. I will keep you posted. Thanks, Again Perry
looking forward to hearing about you build. please keep us posted about the top you decide on

·
New
1,143 Posts
Perry,
Here's Bruce's Lemans top on a Mk2. It's unfinished, but is trimmed and bolted to the car. Has seen 140 at Sebring and a double hit into the wall at Barbers and stayed attached to the car. Send me an email if you'd like to see it; I'm on the beach side.
Have fun with the new build!
/bs
I've never been big on the LeMans top, but Bruce's stuff is making a believer out of me. Very nice.

·
Albany ny
410 Posts
Bruce's lemans top

I'm fitting his top right now to my finished mk IV . I can't post pics on this forum so if you like I will email to anyone interested. The top needed a lot of tweaking to line up and the roll bars are one inch too tall. The drivers b piller needed to be cut back one inch and the passenger side b piller one quarter inch. The gel coat is really riddled with holes but if you are familure with fiberglass it is no problem at all. Top looks bad ass buy the way

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Mr. Bruce make two versions: one that covers the trunk and requires a trunk modification.

The other option without the trunk modification-this car belongs to forum member berzerko, who lives on Long Island.

George

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.