Factory Five Racing Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow, it’s been too long since I’ve posted, I know why I’m not a blogger.

I’ve made a bit of progress. @CraigS for sure would have been easier to just get the aftermarket wiring harnesses. Lot’s of excess wiring…Next time.

-Brake lines are complete, just need to fabricate a mount for the PV to frame
-trunk aluminum is in place
-radiator is in temp location, zip tied up, the factory tubes with extension don’t exactly line up the best, will wait to adjust after the body is in place
-I’m waiting on aftermarket WP pulley for the serpentine belt and will just run that with the alternator, crank and shorter belt
-new valve covers are on after the bolt head issue, however the cable mount on the intake rests on top of the passenger side cover :-(
-Battery cables are all in place
PO removed the ebrake bracket, I’m going to fab an alternate approach there
Also missing the ignition piece of the steering column, will be going push button

? - I have a AOD, haven’t seen much for how others ran the existing pipes back from the radiator for cooling, I’m going to try and bend the factory ones and see how far off they are
? - I’m unable to find the details on where to splice in the license plate light in the trunk, anyone have a good pic of where that would go in the factory harness? I’m planning to use the splice connectors for that and have run the wires through the trunk aluminum for now.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Grille

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Rim

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Personal luxury car

Bumper Gas Auto part Gun accessory Tints and shades

Hood Automotive tire Tire Bumper Tread

·
Junior Charter Member
955 Posts
Nice work!
I had to add an intake spacer to clear my valvcovers and that solves the problem with the throttle cable.

Which way does your water pump spin? Without an idler I don’t see how there will be enough belt touching the pulley to stop it from slipping.

we put an AOD in my dad’s MK3.1 and had to modify the crossmember. We found fittings to convert to inverted flare and made new lines.

Licence plate light should be wired with the tail lights, you can tie in to that harness anywhere.

Reactions: Themee

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nice work!
I had to add an intake spacer to clear my valvcovers and that solves the problem with the throttle cable.

Which way does your water pump spin? Without an idler I don’t see how there will be enough belt touching the pulley to stop it from slipping.

we put an AOD in my dad’s MK3.1 and had to modify the crossmember. We found fittings to convert to inverted flare and made new lines.

Licence plate light should be wired with the tail lights, you can tie in to that harness anywhere.
Thanks @SC210Ford, I was wondering on the cross member as it’s right in the way of where the shifter handle would sit.

I’m not sure on the water pump rotation, it’s currently the stock pump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well that’s not gonna work well. Thank you. So I need something that runs Clockwise?
The other option is to throw the power steering back on. I just have to find the configuration where all the acc bolt on together.

Household hardware Circle Gas Auto part Button

21 - 26 of 26 Posts