Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Cobra R wheels all around on a Mark II 17x9. I would like to go to 17X10.50 on the rear. The 10.50 have +27mm offset and almost 7” backspace. Anyone running these. I would like to do away with the spacers currently running with the 17X9 with +24mm offset and 5.90” backspace. Thanks for any help!

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,415 Posts
Pretty sure this is a No-go with a MKI and MkII as the tires will hit the shocks/shock mounts. But if you space out, you will hit the body. I am sure someone can confirm. The MKIII with the wider body and back axle allows the wider rims to fit.

I have the FR500 wheels, 10.5 rim width in back, use a 1.5" spacer to clear the chassis, and have flared the rear wheel openings on the body. Only way to make that set-up fit. With it, I can run the 315 size tires.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,640 Posts
The spec you provide is pretty much the standard. Search for frame mods for wide wheels to see if you want to bother or not.

Reactions: Tkirk48

·
Charter Member
1,097 Posts
Yes, as Craig said, there is a frame mod so you can run those wider wheels and tires. That was done to my MK II frame way back when (about 2004 or 2005). Without it the tires will rub.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,640 Posts
BTW I am at the beach and can't access my pics. If you haven't found the wide tire mod by Sat email me at craigstuard at comcast dot net. Put FFR in the subject so I don't delete it since I may not recognize your name. I will send you pics of what I did.

·
Charter Member
1,097 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts