Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the new pulley system March as put out, it is the Ultra kit that places the A/C compressor down low on the passenger side instead of up high on the drivers side, it's also only one belt verses 2 belts on the other pulley set up, these are both for power steering and A/C, plus it's a reverse rotation water pump. Any comments and or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lile

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
I ordered just the March pulleys and have to say I was not impressed. The bolt hole were off, the height of one (Water pump) was wrong and in general was going to take way too much effort to make it work. I called and verified the part #'s were correct and they were. They went back and I am using the Ford parts that I know are correct. Nothing like throwing/breaking a belt to ruin your day.

I know there have been others having trouble with March quality as well.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Our engine used the March serpentine kit for reverse rotation, though we do not have A/C. Our only problem was a couple of bolts the wrong length. This was mainly due to the large case alternator and the casting thickness of the water pump. I called March and they sent me longer bolts and all is well.

HTH...
Mark

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Wow Mark - the black alternator looks SHARP !

Hard to tell from the pics, but is the back half aluminum and just the front half black? I wonder if I could just take my brand new alternator apart and have the case powder coated black?

-SB

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Sporty, that's a Tuff Stuff Performance Products alternator and you can get them in powder coat black, chrome, and plain. The front and back halves are powder coated black and the center is natural. you can easily dissasemble your alt and have the case halves powder coated as well...

The water pump is powder coated black too (also Tuff Stuff)

If you notice the black Allen head bolt at the top of the alternator that's one of the bolts that was too short (black one from my junk drawer). I had them send me the proper length stainless one.

HTH...
Mark

·
2,860 Posts
Oldguy668... Your front suspension needs a little work. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts