Factory Five Racing Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi Glennl,

In order to be able to edit this map, you must have a gmail account. Only gmail users can edit an open google map like this. All non gmail users can only view it. the same was true for the older map which doesn't work.

Thanks, Tom!

I can't find the edit button. Has something changed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to Forum

Hi Folks,

I bought a GTM built but not completely finished to show room quality. Has an LS1 engine with Lingenfelter heads developing 400hp at the wheels.

This will be a learning experience with me on the specifics of the car. Any help on topics is appreciated.

Still new to this forum format and I will send some photos when I learn how to. Meanwhile, I have to learn about the Tranny adjustments, how to design door locks and install with solenoids for remote entry etc. etc.

Have so much to learn and feel like I have just taken on a daunting task task so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HI from NJ. Looks like I am the only one from the Garden State. My GTM was finished about 2 years ago by my father.

·
Junior Charter Member
584 Posts
Hey guys,

I noticed that some people put in place marks incorrectly. They showed nothing basically, or instructions on how to drive to someones house.

So just in case some of you arent sure how to add yourselves to the map, i have written up these instructions on how to do so.

1) When the map loads, click on the "Edit" button towards the left hand side of the screen. (Look towards the "Google" logo in the top left, beneath that there is "Get directions" and "My places", beneath this there should be "Edit")

2) Now, towards the top left hand corner of the map screen itself, there should be 3 icons. The hand icon, placemark icon and the create route icon. Click on the middle icon which is the placemark icon. A place mark will appear on the map which can move around with your mouse.

3) Click on the map where you want your placemark to appear. A speech bubble popup window will appear where you can enter text. Make sure you select "Rich text" within this popup. Once you have done this, type in your desired title, eg: Rev2xs's GTM.

4) When you clicked on "Rich Text", classic Microsoft Word style option buttons will appear, towards the right, you can select the "Insert image" icon to upload a picture from websites such as photobucket, etc. You can also enter text into this bubble above or below your picture, eg: car specs.

5) Once finished, click on "OK" which should be towards the bottom right hand corner of the speech bubble popup.

6) Now, back where the "Edit" button originally was (See step 1), you will see "Done" and "Save". Click on "Save" first, then "Done". These buttons will disappear and be replaced with "Edit" once more.

7) Your placemark will now be visible on the map for all to see.

I hope this clears up the process for anybody out there who wasn't sure how to do it.

Thanks, Tom!

New GTM Supercar owners world map
Thanks! I hope to add one to the savannah, GA area soon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
New to me GTM

Well, I received my GTM from being shipped from the Midwest. I am in Long Beach Ca. And need lots of information about improvements like super hard shifter, super hard clutch, cockpit heat. Any help to [email protected]. Thanks and happy to be with such a special group of people, Scott, So. ca.

·
Still Working
57 Posts
GTM SN 57 in SEMA 2014

I don't have Google account.
My car is serial number 057, received April 2006. Almost completed for 2014 SEMA show. Car was in Featured Vehicle C03 next to Ford booth. some of interior work remains. Car is painted with PPG Vibrance Blue and Siler. Engine is Mast Motorsports LS3 Dyno tested 600 HP and 525 Ft-Lbs. with GT2 transaxle 6 speed.
Car is located near Park City, Utah

·
Registered
24 Posts
Old Owner

Just added my Koni # 16 R/W/B GTM-R to the Map in Philly. Have had it for 2 years rebuilding it for the track - and after all that I have to sell it. So put the pin in the Map and 20 mins later put the car on EBay for sale - so technically I still own it.
The Ebay link and all the pics and description are at :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151638533199?forcerRptr=true&item=151638533199&vie witem="]

·
Registered
21 Posts
moved

Tried to add a pin but I think the site was down. will try later. Just moved from Lenoir NC to Claremont NC. About and hour away but still close to the mountain roads. Going to sell the GTM but keep the Cobra it should satisfy my need for speed. Need a few more posts and then I can put it in the GTM classified section.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts