Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
OT Moderator
13,891 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on loosing that sidebar junk.

ok, found out how to REMOVE the sidebar, and return the wasted space (ie: wide posts).

go to:
User CP
Edit your Details
scroll down to Additional Information
Toggle right Sidebar and select Disable
then go to the very bottom and select Save Changes

tada! :wink2:
(Thanks! to whoever posted this, this morning)

for the record, if all of the long-time members are asking how to return it to how it used to look, maybe it shouldn't have changed! And maybe it should be the DEFAULT, not something you have to hunt thru and re-configure!

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
21,369 Posts
I see it removed the sidebar on all forums EXCEPT for the PUB.

Greg

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
ok, found out how to REMOVE the sidebar, and return the wasted space (ie: wide posts).

go to:
User CP
Edit your Details
scroll down to Additional Information
Toggle right Sidebar and select Disable
then go to the very bottom and select Save Changes

tada! :wink2:
(Thanks! to whoever posted this, this morning)

for the record, if all of the long-time members are asking how to return it to how it used to look, maybe it shouldn't have changed! And maybe it should be the DEFAULT, not something you have to hunt thru and re-configure![/QUOTE]
I couldn't agree more. >:) And thanks for the tip.
Oh and sorry, you'll get a notice I quoted you. If some one finds a way to kill that idea, please post it up.

·
Not a waxer
11,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
...you'll get a notice I quoted you. If some one finds a way to kill that idea, please post it up.
Rich,
Here ya' go Brother!

To kill likes:
---User CP
---Edit options
---Messaging and notifications
---Likes notifications
---Select "Disable likes notification"
---Save changes

To kill quote notifications:
---User CP
---User tagging
---Settings
---User tagging general settings
---Quote alerts
---Select "Hide quote alerts"
---Save changes

You're welcome! You can give me a "like" for sharing that if you want to...or not...it won't matter because but I wont get notified either way :yes:

Jeff

·
Tool Collector
6,598 Posts
You guys all do understand that as we continue to find way to circumvent their new format protocols they will soon remove them. You will conform, resistance is futile. :surrender:

·
Not a waxer
11,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I was ready to abandon ship until I switched to the classic look.
I think lots of us were. Hopefully Autoguide is astute enough to understand that if they pull the plug on some of these features that we've found to make the site more familiar to us old dogs who don't want to learn new tricks we will ultimately pull out and their revenues from traffic based advertising will suffer.

Jeff

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks to FritoBandito on the "other site" for posting the tip on the Ghostery plugin. I installed it on Chrome and Internet Explorer. What a huge difference in speed on all the sites I frequent! Now sites that took up to 15 seconds to finish loading all that stuff will load in less than 2 seconds! On this site it shows 10 items prevented plus really fast like it should be. Jim

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,120 Posts
Getting rid of 'recent discussions' completely via user cp didn't work for me. Guess I am not a premium member.
Ok back a few minutes later. When I am in a forum looking at the list of threads. I see 'recent discussions'. When I click on a thread it disappears and the thread window expands to fill the unused space. Weird but better. What is the point of a 'recent discussions' list anyway?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
JKleiner: You the man! Thanks for all the work to get this Site back. I had been using the other site as I didn't like the why this one had gone. I'm back. There's no place like home.

Ed.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
I see it removed the sidebar on all forums EXCEPT for the PUB.

Greg
It's now gone from the pub too. YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

:beerchug:

·
Registered
16,313 Posts
Thank you for this thread.

I finally decided that the powers that be were not going to fix the issues I was having, and actually they seem to be getting worse, so I went ahead and went with "classic mode" and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The fun is back again.

I think this thread really needs to be stickied.

·
Administrator
6,984 Posts
Thank you for this thread.

I finally decided that the powers that be were not going to fix the issues I was having, and actually they seem to be getting worse, so I went ahead and went with "classic mode" and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The fun is back again.

I think this thread really needs to be stickied.
Good idea. I stickied the thread.

:)

·
Cobra Builder
1,718 Posts
WOW what a difference! Great to have my old friend back again. IMHO the new Smiles look awful but I can still type in : b e e r : and get my favorite :beer: !

Thanks for the tip!

Pat :beer:

·
15,282 Posts
I also applied all the "fixes" to get my old forum back. The new layout was a train wreck to read.

Has anyone else noticed that traffic (at least in OT) has taken a steep dive since the new format was rolled out? I don't think it's just my perception -- it feels like there's a lot less going on around here than there was before.

Cheers, John

·
Cobra Builder
1,718 Posts
I also applied all the "fixes" to get my old forum back. The new layout was a train wreck to read.

Has anyone else noticed that traffic (at least in OT) has taken a steep dive since the new format was rolled out? I don't think it's just my perception -- it feels like there's a lot less going on around here than there was before.

Cheers, John
John,

I think you're correct....

Admin must realize we are Cobra guys, the automotive equivalent to the Amish. If I wanted the latest/greatest technology I would be hanging around (insert overpriced/technology laden automobile here) forum. This is a Cobra forum, K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Pat :beer:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Is it just me or has it been this way since the redesign?

On my work computer, I reverted back to the old format and prefer it, but on my home laptop, I left the new design (to try to get accustomed to it).
Last night I was looking at the New Posts (I typically read all of the Roadster and Coupe posts), and clicked one of the '33 posts. Even though I was using the new format, the '33 forum popped up with the old format and that annoying additional column on the right (Recent Discussions) and loss of posts' real-estate. Even the colors changed. Jumping back to the main screen was the new format again. Looking at a couple other forums, I noticed the same thing on the GTM forum too.

Sorry, but this was one of the poorest handled (and no one asked for) upgrades I've ever experienced. And I'm in the IT / Software field!!
KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.