Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Not a waxer
11,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've been fussing about the changes for the last 24 hours I have to give the administrator thanks for listening and responding to what I and others have requested. You want to see it look almost like the main page we were all so used to seeing? Scroll all the way down to the bottom and find the dropdown box in the left hand corner of the bottom band just above all of the fine print. Click on it to open "Quick Style Chooser" then select FFCars.com (Classic). Now after opening the website on the home page go to "Active Topics" in the gray bar just down below the header (from left to right it reads: Home---Forums---Active Topics---Gallery---etc.) and click it. You'll find that it appears almost exactly like the previous main page that we're used to and they have now set it to display the last 100 active topics.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Wow, that helps a lot. I inflicted software pain (that would be change) throughout my career, so was trying to get used to the new version without complaining too much. But I really missed see all the recent posts, regardless of the forum. That's always how I opened a session. "Active Topics" gets it done. Here's one more tip. I use a Bookmark favorite to enter the site. I just changed the link in the favorite to "http://www.ffcars.com/index.php?page=active_topics" and when I click it, directly opens with the active topics listed. Feels a lot like it did before.

Edit: Note this is the URL that comes up when you click "Active Topics." So click it, then cut and paste the URL to your favorite.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
If we could make the Recent Discussions box >>>>
completely disappear, that would cinch it.

·
Not a waxer
11,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we could make the Recent Discussions box >>>>
completely disappear, that would cinch it.
See that button that looks kind of like this ^ to the right of the words "Recent Discussions"? Click it and the box will go away.

Jeff

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,159 Posts
Actually, no I don't see it Jeff. Probably a monitor size/resolution thing...

Mark

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I agree with Jimgood "make it go away" and return our wide posts. Minimizing it doesn't buy you anything beside white / dead space.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ahhh...much better! I would like to "like" your post, but I absolutely refuse to click the "like" button!!

OK, I've been fussing about the changes for the last 24 hours I have to give the administrator thanks for listening and responding to what I and others have requested. You want to see it look almost like the main page we were all so used to seeing? Scroll all the way down to the bottom and find the dropdown box in the left hand corner of the bottom band just above all of the fine print. Click on it to open "Quick Style Chooser" then select FFCars.com (Classic). Now after opening the website on the home page go to "Active Topics" in the gray bar just down below the header (from left to right it reads: Home---Forums---Active Topics---Gallery---etc.) and click it. You'll find that it appears almost exactly like the previous main page that we're used to and they have now set it to display the last 100 active topics.

Jeff

·
7,134 Posts
See that button that looks kind of like this ^ to the right of the words "Recent Discussions"? Click it and the box will go away.

Jeff
Actually NOT, it shrinks it to the top, but does not replace the space it takes up on the iPad , the frame is still reserved on that side, making the thread only 60% of the width. This is in clubhouse ....

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Yes!

The above Active Topics link in the grey bar across the top of the page (Home--Forums--Active Topics--) now gives you the former Home page.

Glad it's almost all back including the 100 threads being kept alive.

Thanks Administration for listening. :smile2:

George

·
Registered
713 Posts
Jeff,
Thank you for pursuing this and finding a way to get, what appears to be, a view that is very similar to the old site. If we can eliminate the recent discussion area so that the screen uses the full width, it would be perfect, but for now this is much more palatable.
Rick

·
Registered
2,824 Posts

Jeff
That only collapses it. It doesn't remove it completely. It's still consuming the same horizontal space it did before only now there's just a little box with Recent Discussions and 2" of white space under it.

Edit: Whoops. I see others already pointed that out.

·
OT Moderator
13,891 Posts
Much better. As much as I love technology and am apt for change, I prefer the old here. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
ok, found out how to REMOVE the sidebar, and return the wasted space (ie: wide posts).

go to:
User CP
Edit your Details
scroll down to Additional Information
Toggle right Sidebar and select Disable
then go to the very bottom and select Save Changes

tada! :wink2:
(Thanks! to whoever posted this, this morning)

for the record, if all of the long-time members are asking how to return it to how it used to look, maybe it shouldn't have changed! And maybe it should be the DEFAULT, not something you have to hunt thru and re-configure!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.