Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an extra set of J Pipes, (5.0). Was thinking of welding in the front cat from the H pipe of the donor.

Any experinces here>>? Ideas, comments...

I know they make them, but hey what the heck, got a sawsall, and a wirefeed... My biggest concern is HEAT.

Anybody run with catted J pipes? Heat issues?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
5 years, 6500 miles, no problem.

Go for it.
jack

·
2,990 Posts
I have a 4.6 build with FFR cats and have not had any heat issues. I only have about 100 miles on the car and no really long trips so I guess the jury is still out. Below is a picture of how my cats look.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I built a set of mufflers into my j-pipes. I recommend that you make a fixture to which you can tack-weld or bolt both ends of the j-pipe before you cut out the middle and weld in the cat. That will assure that you maintain proper orientation of the ends.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mojo- any pictures of the finished j pipes with mufflers installed? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Even the same method you mentioned to keep the overall shape of the j pipe unchanged.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Mojo...I'd like to see that too. With my new setup, the car is a whole lot louder than it used to be. I'd be interested in quieting it down a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts