Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get the splash panels and underdoor aluminum in. I am too busy driving my car! :D :D Drove over 100 miles today just cruising the streets :eek:

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
:D :D :D :D

Once you take out a tail light with a rock from a burn-out, you'll take the time. Until then, FLOOR IT!

·
Super Moderator
3,701 Posts
My under door aluminum didn't seem to fit right - the angle for the bend that goes up under the door latch seemed to be off.

I ended up straightening out the original 90 degree bend and and making a new one using the same point at the bottom but about 1/4" in from the top

Here's a pic of what I am talking about:

The red line represents the original angle and the yellow line is the new angle. Now this piece would fit under the door without having to force it.

I then transferred the holes from the floor aluminum and overlapped the door aluminum by about 1/4" (Drill the holes for the bottom of the door aluminum while it is in place over the floor aluminum. That way if you are off a little bit, it will usually find the old hole)

With the bottom of the door aluminum anchored, I realized that the flat vertical portion needed to be bent outward so that it would meet the fiberglass. I kept on rebending the 90 degree angle until it was about 110 degrees while at the same time, trim the aluminum so that it would fit under the lip of the body. Finally, I drilled and riveted the sides

hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts