Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting closer to coming home from deployment so more parts are now being ordered as I get ready for paint. A few hours ago I ordered the Maier Racing GT500 hood louvers for my roadster. What great customer service. Guy was polite and knew exactly what I was ordering. Even said he does a special set for Cobra Replicas. Will be shipping them out Wed. Great Service!! I recommend them highly.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
29,377 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll be ordering a set soon too.

·
Premium Member
10,258 Posts
I'm sure it'll be nice getting home Skipper!

Can't wait to see progress again.

When are you coming to Whidbey? There's a chance I'll get to do some work on the P-8's.

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug, yep, it'll be great to get home. Don't know about Whidbey. Waiting on orders now but Whidbey wasn't on the list I was given this time unfortunately. The wife and I are beginning to look for retirement property up there though. It's coming soon enough. Also maybe to be looking to work on the P-8, hint hint.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Paul - any chance you can post a phone number (or PM me) for them.

I tried to google it, but I've never been able to find a product listed on any catalogue for them anywhere.

Martin

Getting closer to coming home from deployment so more parts are now being ordered as I get ready for paint. A few hours ago I ordered the Maier Racing GT500 hood louvers for my roadster. What great customer service. Guy was polite and knew exactly what I was ordering. Even said he does a special set for Cobra Replicas. Will be shipping them out Wed. Great Service!! I recommend them highly.

Paul

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Martin, just call them at 510-581-7600. Ask for the 68' Shelby GT500 Hood Louvers for a Cobra Replica. They'll know exactly what you want. $180.00 shipped to my place in Fl.

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Yes, they are great guys and very helpful.
Here is what they look like installed.

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, they do look great!!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Dallas, do you have a under hood shot of the louver?
Thanks Keith
what a rain day today, i am back workin night again it sucks
i do like them myself saw a set actually the other day on a viper, curious about the underside myself, hard to get going during the day when you know you got to go to work soon:shifty:

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Dallas, do you have a under hood shot of the louver?
Thanks Keith
Not great photos, but may show what you are looking for. I removed more under hood material then most, since I was bonding the hood on.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,970 Posts
Dallas,

What are the approximate dimensions of the louvers? Thinking about using them on the coupe.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Approximately 6" x 12". They are tapered so the wide part is probably wider than 6".

I'll measure them tonight and post the actual dimensions.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
They are 14" long.
The wide part is about 6 1/4" tapering down to 5 1/4".

This is the louvered part. The lip is at least 1" larger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts