Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribe to PA Game News (a publication of the Pennsylvania Game Commission) and Pennsylvania Outdoor News (hunting and fishing.) If anybody knows of a soldier in Iraq who would enjoy reading them, please PM me their military address (after checking with them first.) Otherwise, these magazines go out in the recycling.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
I did this a while back through Any Soldier and sent several years of Acoustic Guitar, Guitar Player, various car mags and some AZ Highways mags. Great outfit.

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Dang, I must have 10,000 car magazines in my basement... we should send these to the guys in Iraq. Some are pretty old, but it would be good reading.

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
Aside from mags, they need:

Any snacks, trail mix, jerky, cup a soup, etc
foot powder
socks
baby wipes
batteries
tooth brushes
tooth paste
razors

·
Royce Perez
422 Posts
When I got here back in December, there were care boxes. Now there are none. I am here in Iraq just North of Baghadad. I would be glad to make sure the soldiers get any thing you want to send.I also can provide pictures so you can see how you helped. If interested IM me for the APO address. It takes about 10 days for priorty to get here. Thanks Royce OIF

·
Member 2394
6,142 Posts
I think any USO can distrbute mags.

Ive been sending mine to soldiers I know. Except Im not sending them Popular Science or Civil War history.

Call your Legion or DAV and ask for local soldiers addy's.

***FYI**** Post Office has a $7.00 box. It holds alot of mags. 7 dollars anywhere in the US. Even APO's

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
When shipping, the best to use is Priority flat rate boxes. Remember, you are only sending (paying) to an APO or FPO, usually California. After that it's military transport.

USO and DAV is great but I think whatever you send will get there faster if you send it yourself....directly.

Roscoe

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I am going to send off some magazines this weekend to some soldiers! I will do my part and support the troops!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
That's a good idea Turkey Master. I'm a frequent flyer on a dozen airlines. Most times I don't earn enough points on many of them to get any trips so they send me a collection of magazine offers. I'll forward these to anysoldier.com in the future.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
PN sent-----and it might be a small thing but I'd be happy to send some mags for the troops to enjoy rather than throwing them away. toodizzy

·
Royce Perez
422 Posts
Thank guys. I will see to it that these young me and women receive your care packages and I will send pics as well. OIF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts