Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm finally making it back after 9 months at sea and just checking back in. The timing couldn't be any better as the kids just started warming up to me a few nights ago and Christmas morning was a blast. Apparently at 2 years old, they even unwrap all the gifts for you? Good stuff all around and the marriage is as good as can be. Many thanks to NavyDude for helping out with things back here on the home front while we were out. This forum really does have some of the very best people you'll find anywhere!

Icing on the cake, my wife has let me rearrange the garage as part of my readjustment. Despite approximately 1/3 of my career being overseas, this homecoming has been different and the 6 hours of so spent out there definitely helped me clear my mind and get some energy out. I also found A LOT of parts I don't need and will be getting rid of to help pay for the paint! I now have a huge amount of space - enough to do bodywork and have the car parked in there, with the DD on the side, and best of all, the car fired up on the third turn of the key. After a little getaway and lots of family time, it'll be time to wrap up the interior, finish up ironing out the little bugs, and on to bodywork thank to Dallas lending me some great tools!

I hope everybody has a great Christmas with those who you love and please remember our guys that are still out there. We turned over with some great guys who don't expect to touch land for sometime and they're likely to be out just as long as we were.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome home brother enjoy your time home and thank you for your service to our country. Please, remeber if you every need someone to vent to just PM me I will be there. I served too and now I am disabled due to injuries in Iraq. I did not have anyone to talk to when I got home but I am here to anyone who needs to talk or vent. Again thank you for your time and service and merry Christmas.

Disabled Iraq war veteran /US Navy SWCC/Navy Cross/Purple Heart

·
Senior Charter Member
6,409 Posts
Welcome Home

Welcome back, Happy Holidays and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE !!!

Regards, Rick.

·
master craftsman
5,596 Posts
Welcome home an Merry Xmas!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Welcome Home TH, good to see you made it home safe. Thank you, MEDIC1236 and conmech for your service. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Take care and be safe out there.

Mike

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome home!

Desert Storm vet.

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,825 Posts
Welcome home and Merry Christmas to you and your family. :xmas:

Thank you all for what you do to protect our freedoms. :smillie_flag:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome home shipmate. Thank you for your service to your country, even your wife did the time and thank her as well.
Retired Master Chief 32.5 years
Combat Search and Rescue
5.5 years Iraq
Wife stood by my side the complete time.
Son just return last Thursday from 2 years Iraq & 5 years Afghanistan

·
Senior Charter Member
1,382 Posts
Welcome home and thanks you and your family for your service to this country. I still get chills every time I hear about any of our service people returning safely. What a great feeling to know another one is home.
Wayne

·
Premium Member
10,533 Posts
Welcome home and glad you had a great Christmas!

Have a very Happy New Year as well!

From a fellow shipmate...

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
welcome home Mike

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thankg guys. I'm working on getting some pictures up to share with everybody, this deployment was certainly different from my previous 4 having a lot more security involvement and no combat operations. Definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I'm hoping to find the pictures of my reenlistment which was on 7 December at 1730Z on top of the USS Iwo Jima as we were on call for the ongoing situations in the Med.

Our travels took me to at least a few new countries in Europe and several old favorites in the Middle East, as well as HOA. I'll post as soon as I can get all these pics uploaded to a good server! It's at least a lot nicer not having the shipboard bandwidth which is um...painful.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.