Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple monthes ago, Hot Rod magazine had an editorial about how Prius owners wouldn't also own hot rod's, so I sent in a picture of our toys to let them know he was wrong. I recieved my Jan. issue yesterday and the pictures on page 23. Look at me, I'm published (kinda). Joe

·
Administrator
7,013 Posts
Wow, your famous! Can I be your friend?? :D

Seriously, Congrats. It's always cool to see your name, thoughts or image in print.

Buy lots of copies!!

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Do you watch South Park? Did you ever see the Hybrid Car episode? One of the funniest ones they did.

Seeing those 2 hotrods next to yours, at least we know you're not one of the "smug" hybrid owners.

Congrats on getting the picture in the mag.

·
Junior Charter Member
195 Posts
Like they say, "there's always an exception to the rule." :D That's awesome.

·
3,645 Posts
Hey- I made it also...

Warmseats Seat Heaters (Page 123 Test and Tune Section)

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
I read that stuff in Hot Rod all the time and don't get it. I love fast cars but would also own a hybrid or even an electric for daily commuting (if I commuted that is). Why not?

Cool pic, hope nobody stole the ladder while you were up there. ;)

·
Senior Charter Member
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with the spoiler, but my wife thought it might be a little too much.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Multi faceted people know the differance between what's good and what's fun. Long live toys and the boys that build them.

·
Junior Charter Member
791 Posts
I thought the name was familiar, I read it on the flight to Ft. Worth, nice collection.

Did you see the short article on the 'New' BOSS 302 block? Wonder if that'd make a good Cobra engine or would you have to wind it too high for daily driving?

Congrats on getting published, I just finsihed my first book...
Now I'm gonna read another one!
(R. Dangerfield RIP)
Jon

·
Charter Member
522 Posts
Congrats. The Prius looks like a minivan next to the cobra.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Jon K...

Re the Boss 302 block/crate engine program...

This is Ford Racing's new performance block, you can make it a daily driver with the right compression and cam, it is NOT a replica Boss 302 engine with its high winding canted valve Cleveland heads and big cam.

The crate engines will come with the FRPP "Z" heads. They will be available in different displacements (a Boss 331 was shown at SEMA) and of course you can get a bare block.

These will be on par with a Dart block in strength but can be built as docile or as wild as you like.

HTH...
Mark

·
Junior Charter Member
75 Posts
nice collection there!

·
644 Posts
Wow, COOL! Congrats!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
cool...

i just got my copy of Hot Rod tonight and saw it in there!

congrats!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Put me down as a Prius and Cobra owner. The Cobra is way more fun, but the Prius lets me drive in the car pool lane alone and gets almost 50mpg on the hwy.

·
2,990 Posts
Stereotyping is just a bad thing to do. As they say you can't judge a book by it's cover and you can't judge a car owner because they own ... let's say a 1990 Honda Civic. The Honda (no trailer involved) does all parts running including hauling differentials and engine hoists. It has run me to work and back every day (70 miles) for years and years. It runs kids (up to 4) including surf boards (one 9 foot), boogie boards and assorted other items to the beach and back ... and with all of that this Honda gets a consistent 39 miles to the gallon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts